how to add satchel cost into auto postage charge

Can someone please point me to where I am going wrong please?

I have lots of stuff that my hoarding wife accummulated as she disappeared down the blackhole of Alzheimer's which I am trying to clear out and "rehome" rather than just add to landfill, however I am totally annoyed at being dramatically out of pocket when things sell for 99 cents.

The "charge actual cost" postage calculator then usually seems to charge the buyer $7.15 for postage, but charge me $7.55 instead when I print the label.

I then spend an additional $1.35 on a padded post bag, and lose a further 89 cents for the eBay commission. Add further to that the $2.50 in petrol to run into town to post things, and the landfill option is looking like a sure fire winner over bothering to list things!

Anyone care to share how 99 cent sales can actually provide a positive return please? I've tried all the settings I can find, but it seems calculated postage rules only apply to multiple item purchases? What am I missing?

So far, I can only see to set a minimum price of $5 in order to cover the other costs and eBay's cut.

View Entire Topic

Is there a reason you need to start auctions at 99 cents?

I'm afraid I do not personally have an answer to the postage charge question, as I select my own postage price rather than let ebay decide