Australia Post's inconsistency.

cq_tech
Community Member

I live in Brisbane and received an order from WA on Wednesday the 29th of April, posted it via large letter the very same day, and it was delivered on Friday, May 1, just 48 hours later. Why can't AP's service be this quick and reliable all the time?

Only 2 weeks earlier, I sent the very same item to another WA buyer and it took 9 days to arrive, so why the huge difference?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Not sure what's up with the consistency either, however, as someone who posts items from metro WA, I can confirm that letters usually only take 2 or 3 business days to reach metro interstate locations. Of course, all that's going to go haywire once Australia Post stop delivering five days a week...

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

It's my experience that most items (parcels & letters) posted from Brisbane take between 5 & 6 business days to arrive in WA. For example, if I post on a Monday, it generally doesn't arrive in WA until Monday or Tuesday of the following week.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

my experience is different again. I received letters very quickly mostly about 3 days however parcels are a nightmare sometimes taking 2 weeks. I guess it's whether it goes by plane or camel.

Had enough water fall CQ?

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

More than enough, thanks harley babe. Brisbane had 182.6mm (7.5") up until midnight last night. 😞

Pity the poor sods up on the Sunshine Coast though... they copped 295mm (almost 12") during the same period!
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

does that mean the stuff we sent as a letter will be water damaged if we didn't put raincaots on our stock?

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Caboolture (where we are) got 330mm yesterday from 9am to 6pm.

Our street was ankle deep at the centre white line and over my knees at the kerbs.

Came half way up onto our driveway so we were a bit worried that it might keep on raining today too.

But it has gone and is a bright sunny day here today.

Unfortunately 5 people have drowned in cars locally yesterday including on 8-yo child and two adults less than a mile from our place.

It was pretty disastrous.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

While I really sympathise with the families of those who lost their lives, I have to wonder what the hell they thought they were doing out on the roads in such appallingly dangerous conditions. And for someone to have taken an 8yo child with them was absolute insanity IMO.
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Where the ones with the child lost their lives was near to the big school here Australia Christian College.

So I'm betting they went to pick up from school then made an error of judgement coming home and drove into fast flowing water and couldn't escape. Gone unfortunately.

We even had one crazy woman driver here went headlong into the knee-deep water in our street yesterday. I happened to be out the front at the time surveying the scene. She hit the water at a good 60K's then aquaplaned and lost control and ended up on the footpath almost hitting the fence across our street. The water went right over the top of her car so she would not have been able to see anything.

Then she drove on down the footpath for about 30-metres or so until she could get back onto the road and then raced off at the same speed sending waves everywhere. Just a whacko!

This is the kind of mentality that gets people killed in floodwater.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

clarry that's... just amazing. What on earth can she have been thinking? Way to make a bad situation much worse.

Makes me feel somewhat sorry for the emergency workers risking themselves to save the hapless. As if they don't have enough to do.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply