Australia Post tracking issues

Sent a parcel yesterday and buyer contacted me tonight as it shows delivered. My guess either the person hit the wrong button when lodging or a system error. Likely the first as it was delivered before they lodged it.

Ebay Tracking

Delivered

Jan-22-19, 16:52 PM

Received by Australia Post

Jan-22-19, 16:53 PM

Shipping information received by Australia Post

Jan-22-19, 16:19 PM

Aust Post Tracking
Item processed at facility
BRISBANE QLD
column time and date,Wed 23 Jan • 01:21pm

Delivered
TOUKLEY NSW
column time and date,Wed 23 Jan • 11:10am

Awaiting collection at TOUKLEY POST SHOP
TOUKLEY NSW
column time and date,Wed 23 Jan • 11:09am

In transit
TOUKLEY NSW
column time and date,Wed 23 Jan • 11:05am

Received by Australia Post
TOUKLEY NSW
column time and date,Tue 22 Jan • 04:53pm

Delivered
TOUKLEY NSW
column time and date,Tue 22 Jan • 04:52pm

Shipping information received by Australia Post
column time and date,Tue 22 Jan • 04:19pm
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've had the same thing happen a couple of times recently as a buyer, causing me a bit of angst but the items were delivered ok in the end. Even my local PO couldn't explain it !

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

You can make enquiries your end, but it is better if the buyer does it from their end.  I had a purchase that was marked as "delivered" I was home and got nothing (why do these things always happen on a Friday) I rang the Postal Customer Service, and it was delivered on the following Monday.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Out of 5 or so parcels it was the only one but as a buyer the last thing I would want to see is delivered before you got it. I also use email updates with Australia Post but did not ask if they received these as they send a message when delivered.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I had a parcel recently that had to come from China.  The Oz distribution part of the company registered the parcel with Aust Post right away so I had a tracking number.  Then weeks went by while the parcel made its way from China to Oz. 

Finally the parcel arrived in Oz and I got a tracking update from Aust Post that they had received the parcel.  Delivery was expected to be sometime next week.

It was delivered early next morning.  I sure was surprised to get it so soon and without all the usual tracking for arriving in the city, sent to delivery centre, on board for delivery etc etc.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I buy lots of things from China, and some things arrive surprisingly quickly.  However, I had a parcel fron the USA and tracking stopped shortly after starting, stopped for a whole month and then it suddenly started up again and the item arrived. For those of you who are hesitant buying from China, I have had very few problems. Two purchases that never arrived in the last year were from the UK.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I've had a few dud purchases from China.  They were a while ago and having learnt a lesson re quality I've never ordered those particular products again. 

However my most recent purchases from China were pretty good though the delivery time was slow for some of them.  The particular order I referred to in my post turned out to be an excellent buy.  There was no Oz equivalent, and fortunately I didn't need it urgently.  It was worth the wait though!

There are a couple more items I'm considering getting from China (once again, no Oz equiv) but the item I"d particularly like is in the US....but the darn thing is Made in China for many diffeent companies by the looks of it.  I wish I could get it diectly from China as I'm sure it would be cheaper.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I've bought some rare opera DVDs from China, as well as some Chinese martial arts movies.

I know I bought some feather pens from China as well.

That's probably it.

The majority of my purchases are from Australia and the UK, some from Russia, some from Spain, some from France, some from Italy, some from Germany, once from Holland, and some from the US. I do as much as I can to choose my sellers wisely. I've not bought from any sellers who use the GSP.

The very great majority of my purchases have been trouble-free.

zanadoo, I know what you mean about the same item being made in China and then onsold by different companies who have that same item branded for them. That always leaves me feeling unimpressed; clearly it's impossible that any such item would have been produced with quality control of the sort that occurs when goods are specifically made in China for a particular company under contract to that company to follow that company's specifications!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Most of my purchases these days are useful stuff bought from local sellers because there hasn't been much on eBay of the things I collect....or in some cases things that I collect where sellers don't use the GSP. 

Depending on what they are, I used to buy a LOT of stuff from the UK and US.  The declining value of the Oz dollar hasn't helped either.

Sometimes collecting throws up surprises.  I bought a Melbourne photo postcard from Luxembourg late last year.  It might be my first and last purchase from there (unless the seller has more of the cards I'm looking for). 🙂

I also buy Tupperware occasionally from Malaysia and I've bought from China as well.  I assume the pieces I want are now made there because they are the real deal, also the prices are very good compared to in Oz.  They are much cheaper than in Oz, or they are items that Tupperware AU/NZ just don't sell here or at least not in the colours I want.  Tupperware I buy from Oz sellers are sometimes vintage pieces I need or they sell US items that Oz Tupperware won't sell.  Vintage shaped Tupperware (for some items) which are not sold here any more, are still being made in asian countries.  I've no idea why but it's good for me because sometimes the older style products were better designed.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply