BUY IT NOW

stromper-gd
Community Member

I sold a boat,(buyer" bought it now")without ANY communication.

I get to talk to buyer who claims the right of inspection before payment. Dispute registered, relist the boat and am experiencing exactly the same situation.Am hoping it turns out alright this time!

People indicate "buy it now", find it hard to contact them, then try to claim they have the right to inspect before paying, MEANWHILE THE SALE IS IN LIMBO, no one can offer/offers are cut off. People think there is something wrong with your item.

I also indicated that sale is Pay immediately on "buy it now" and same after discussion and agreement on" offers" also.

No one wants to put themselves out to arrange inspection, THEN, buy or offer.

THEY want to freeze your sale, don't pay(breaking a contract) then suggest they have been ripped off by others,so I AM THE SAME.

Not this little black duck.

What do ebay sellers/buyers think?

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: BUY IT NOW

steevau
Community Member

Truly mind-blowing ebay seller.Best ive ever delt with on here.Will reply to any question asked,Lightning quick.Allways keeps you informed and up to date.Posting package fast and proffessional.The TYT radio is a juggernaut of a radio matches it with the best japaness & usa models.i no,i just compaired mine i got of this seller. Geat work mate,keep it up.

Message 71 of 89
Latest reply

stromper-gd
Community Member

Thank you every body (I worked out the WTF.years ago) Some of the latter comments have eased my (mis)conception of the faceless helpers, I did think that some of you were 24/7ghouls ready to drink the new guy's blood. I now comprehende amigos. Thank you again,off to the drawing board:-D Kindest regards, stromper-gd.

Message 72 of 89
Latest reply

Good on you. Glad to hear it and hope the boat sells. 🙂

image host
Message 73 of 89
Latest reply

My only suggestion would be to list it as an auction only - maybe with a best offer. No BIN at all.  Start your auction with what your BIN would have been.  At least that way if someone bids early, the auction still runs for the whole time.  I would still hope that any bidder would inspect first though but you do get some strange people out there.  😐

All the best whatever you do  I tried to shift a couple of vehicles via ebay in years past but didn't have any success and ended up selling via classifieds in the paper.

Message 74 of 89
Latest reply

Please note the credit card owners banks comment regarding chargebacks for unauthorized use if the credit card holder participates in the transaction.

http://www.smh.com.au/money/planning/reversal-of-fortunes-20100524-w6h9.html

Credit card chargebacks make for more secure transactions but the rules aren't always clear-cut.

Sydney businessman Ian Brookfield used his Commonwealth Bank Platinum MasterCard to pay a $150,000 deposit for a $550,000 boat in March last year.

The sub-dealer, Sunseeker East Coast Australia, failed before the boat was finished. The company went into administration and had receivers appointed late last year.

Brookfield sought to use the card's chargeback facility (reversing a transaction when there is a dispute with a merchant, typically when goods or services are paid for but not supplied) to get his money back.

The CBA lodged a chargeback request on his behalf in March with National Australia Bank, Sunseeker East Coat Australia's bank.

The request was knocked back, as was a second one, put through in June.

Brookfield's case highlights the problems consumers have in understanding chargeback rules, dealing with financial institutions and getting consistent treatment.

A couple of cases cited by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) in a recent report also illustrate the uncertainty about chargeback rules.

Credit and debit card issuers say chargebacks make for a more secure transaction.

They are also used to correct duplicate billing, to fix a bank processing error and to deal with fraud.

The CBA wrote to Brookfield in July, telling him NAB had declined the request because it was “out of time”.

Card issuers set a time limit for chargeback applications of 30 to 75 days.

The limit may apply from the date of the transaction or the agreed delivery date.

When Brookfield paid his deposit, the contract was to be finalised in December.

He received notice from the receivers that the contract would be completed and he could take delivery of the boat.

Brookfield says the boat offered was deficient in a number of ways, including no warranty.

He says: “There was still about $40,000 of work to be done on the boat. And with no warranty, my financier would not settle.”

Brookfield is now in dispute with CBA, arguing its statements about chargebacks are misleading and it has a responsibility to credit his account for the $150,000.

He also claims the CBA mishandled the first chargeback application because it had assumed there was no set date for delivery of the boat, which would affect the chargeback timeframe applied by NAB.

Brookfield says his boat contract had a completion date of December 12 and the bank should have been aware of that.

He says the fact it did not include that information in his first application hurt his chances of a refund.

The CBA wrote to Brookfield in July, saying the bank had lodged a chargeback as requested and there was no obligation under chargeback rules to credit the customer's account.

The outcome of the chargeback application is in the hands of the merchant's bank.

Brookfield is also in dispute with NAB, which contends he was offered a finished boat and did not complete the transaction.

He is arguing the boat was not completed to the terms of the contract.

NAB engaged Freehills to look into the matter and, on August 18, Freehills partner Peter Smith wrote to Brookfield with a response on the bank's behalf.

The bank rejects Brookfield's claim that the terms of the contract were not fulfilled.

It also points out that Brookfield had sought to buy the boat at a discount from the receiver, offering $170,000 on top of the $150,000 already paid.

CBA and NAB declined to comment on the case.

Whatever the merits of the different claims, Brookfield's case suggests the chargeback system is not as clear as card issuers claim and consumers are not aware of the rules.

It can be difficult to negotiate settlements when consumers have to communicate with their own banks but the ultimate decision is with the merchant's bank.

Brookfield is not alone, as a report by the FOS shows.

In one case cited by the FOS, the consumer made a $1500 payment using a MasterCard credit card to join a travel club.

The person then had a change of mind and used the 14-day cooling off period to ask for a refund.

When the travel club failed to pay the refund (and later“disappeared”), the person contacted his bank to have the transaction reversed.

The bank said because the person had participated in the transaction, the chargeback could not go ahead as an unauthorised payment.

For the transaction to be reversed, the bank would need to see a credit voucher from the travel club.

Even when it was clear the club no longer operated, the bank maintained the same position.

The ombudsman's view was that because the consumer had cancelled the contract, the bank should have taken into account that the travel club had a legal obligation to issue a credit voucher.

In the end the bank coughed up the $1500.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 75 of 89
Latest reply

http://jobs.ebaycareers.com/omaha/paypal-jobs

eBay Jobs > Omaha Jobs > Paypal Jobs Career Opportunityapply Ecrime and Threat Intelligence Intern (PayPal) Job Location: Omaha, NE

Business Title:

E-crime and Threat Intelligence Intern

Requisition No.:

63120BR

Category:

Internships

Subsidiary:

PayPal

Position Area:

US - Nebraska - Omaha

Position Location:

San Jose California

Shift:

Varies

Primary Job Responsibilities:

The Electronic Crime and Threat Intelligence (E.C.T.I) analyst will be responsible for identifying potential and current cyber threats, actively working to prevent or eliminate threats and disrupting the fraudulent infrastructure. This position is responsible for creating, maintaining and enhancing the strategic end to end solution for cyber security risks that impact our brand and consumer safety.This position will be responsible for the following tasks (not limiting

job anybody

Message 76 of 89
Latest reply

Record and organize potential, current and past threats for reporting, historical data and current references

:^O :^O :^O :^O..... I see the problem now...... they have a special threat organizer 😐

Maybe somebody on the boards already is a "threat organizer" jbut ust a tad incognito

Message 77 of 89
Latest reply

So if you can prove that the credit card holder participated in the sale...........read my previous post regarding citing the card...looking at the name on the card, recording the expiry date and 3 digit security card on the rear of the card. citing licence.... correlating the name on that licence......correlating the name on the registration transfer papers to the credit card holders name and signature.......simple...

I have taken paypal payments for many large "objects" and will continue to do so using pretty will the security measures I highlighted above ....................

on top of that I took a 3.5 k bank deposit payment from a buyer for a pop top caravan I listed on ebay from a vic ebayer sight unseen. the guy lobbed i fully expected him to go over it with A FINE TOOTH COMB.... he hooked it up checked the lights and drove away... was here maximum 15 minutes hooked up and drove back to Victoria. didnt even upen up the half door.

I sold a ford maverick on gas to an ebayer also from Melbourne 3700 inc freight paid via paypal, never sighted the buyer, just freighted and  got great feedback.............................................

people often act and decision make in ways that others

would never consider acting and that appear far from the norm

...that's what makes humans so interesting......our diversity

Message 78 of 89
Latest reply

colic2bullsgirlore - wrote (and I use the term loosley) Record and organize potential, current and past threats for reporting, historical data and current references

:^O :^O :^O :^O I see the problem now...... they have a special threat organizer 😐

Maybe somebody on the boards already is a "threat organizer" jbut ust a tad incognito

Koala asks (politely) WTF ?

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 79 of 89
Latest reply

So if you can prove that the credit card holder participated in the sale...........read my previous post regarding citing the card...looking at the name on the card, recording the expiry date and 3 digit security card on the rear of the card. citing licence.... correlating the name on that licence......correlating the name on the registration transfer papers to the credit card holders name and signature.......simple... 

How would you know that that was the credit card used to fund the PayPal payment?

Just curious.