Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

Buyer hasn't contacted me

Smiley Sad HELP !!! I sell Personalised Photo items on Ebay, that require buyers to send me photos. A customer has ordered and paid for (6 ) items, but (2) of the photos she sent were unusable. I have made and posted her (4) of the items and let her know, but can't go ahead with the other 2 until I get decent photos. I have messaged the buyer (4) times over the past 7 days with no response...how do I handle this? I don't want to do the items with the unusable photos...then I'll be getting a complaint (eventually). Has anyone any suggestions on what to do???... thanks in advance.

Community Member

Re: Buyer hasn't contacted me

in reply to 123-cavaliers

I would be waiting for a response to either get new photo's or refund for the 2.

Whichever the buyer prefers.

They may have gone on holidays.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Community Member

in reply to kopenhagen5

Hi there and many thanks for your suggestion. I've taken it on board and will wait a few more days, then if I hear nothing, then I'll refund the buyer. Many thanks for your help...much appreciated !!!

Community Member

in reply to 123-cavaliers

The best way to handle these kinds of situations is to decide up front how long you're prepared to wait for a response from buyers, and decide what action you'll take if they don't respond in time, that way you're not in limbo waiting for a reply. In many cases, the best course of action is a refund,  so I tend to send buyers 2 messages. 

The first one advises what I need from them and that a refund will be automatically issued if I can't confirm with them by X date. The second message is at least 24 hours before the cut-off point, and I mostly send it because eBay's messages don't always go through, but that's just a quick follow-up reminder that their order will be canceled / refunded soon.