Buyer not paying says a 'phone glitch' did the bidding

Buyer says not going to pay as a 'phone glitch' was responsible for his bidding - what should I do?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer not paying says a 'phone glitch' did the bidding

wait 4 days from the sale,  open a non payer dispute

wait a further 4 days close it and get your fvf back from ebay.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

What putney said.

That is a good one, I've heard lots of interesting excuses, but not that one until now. It certainly was a smart phone. LOL

Make sure they get a strike! don't be tempted to leave a positive negative feedback, that is against ebay policy and doesn't help warn other sellers they are a non payer.

Then block that buyer and make sure your buyer requirements are set up to block other buyers who have not paid for their items and received strikes.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Aha! Your buyer must be related to one of my non-payers. She didn't purchase the item, her car keys knocked against her iphone when they were in her handbag.

Clever keys.....

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

rofl

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Re: keys - your buyer is silly. Does she not know that metal or plastic can't work on a touch screen??
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

tstore, I don't believe the buyer either, but the styluses (styli?) which people use on their touch-screen devices have plastic tips, and I've even successfully used a metal-tipped ball-point pen on my GPS when I misplaced its stylus on one occasion.

However, having said that, it would be an extremely rare and intelligent set of keys if it was capable of replicating the sequential commands required on a touch-phone in order to make a successful purchase via ebay. 😉

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

An iPhone uses a Capacitive screen. This means that an actual electric current is flowing from the edges of the screen at all times. So normal stylus's won't work (especially keys). You can get special capactive styluses but they don't work too well.

And yes, her keys have a life of their own. Would have had to be on the 'commit to buy' screen ... 😉
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Send a cancellation request. Just click on 'resolve a problem' in the drop-down menu on the right of the 'sold' listing, and follow the instructions. 

R
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

What point is there in becoming aggressive? All you've lost is an apparent opportunity that didn't work out. Respect your buyers - it may not be the keypad, but who cares? S/he doesn't want your item. So send a cancellation request. If they respond, you get your fee back. If they don't, all you've got to do is wait until the time for responding elapses, THEN you'll get your fee back.

Block the buyer if you like, but you might miss out on another opportunity to sell if you do.

R
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply