DSRs ...You just can't please people...sheesh!

These DSRs give me the pip sometimes.

I finally worked out out how to run reports (thanks Tippy, used your info on another post ๐Ÿ˜‰)

Buyer purchases item 30/8. 

Pays 31/8 at 11.54PM

I lodge and post item Friday 1/9

Australia Post delivery estimate - 4 Business days = Wednesday 6/9

Item Delivered - Monday 4/9 (Shock horror...delivered well before the estimated delivery date)

BUYER MARKS MY DSRs FOR POSTAGE TIME DOWN ๐Ÿ˜ก

Just venting ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: DSRs ...You just can't please people...sheesh!

just ring ebay & have them reinstate your DSRs....I do it all the time

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yep...I hear ya!  Been checking out some of my DSRs lately, and I'm pretty sure I've been marked down for postage time on an item or two posted the same day payment was made, that arrived after a couple of days, and like yours, well before the estimated delivery date.

Some buyers are just braindead.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I just found a couple more, posted next day, marked down for postage time and worse copped a 3 for communication. Buyer never contacted me prior, during or after the sale yet received confirmation email on purchase and post confirmation with expected delivery times and arrived within 3 business days. Paid 17/8 (at night), Lodged 12.20pm 18/8 and delivered (interstate mind you) Tues 22/8.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@justkidzbiz wrote:

These DSRs give me the pip sometimes.

I finally worked out out how to run reports (thanks Tippy, used your info on another post ๐Ÿ˜‰)

Buyer purchases item 30/8. 

Pays 31/8 at 11.54PM

I lodge and post item Friday 1/9

Australia Post delivery estimate - 4 Business days = Wednesday 6/9

Item Delivered - Monday 4/9 (Shock horror...delivered well before the estimated delivery date)

BUYER MARKS MY DSRs FOR POSTAGE TIME DOWN ๐Ÿ˜ก

Just venting ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Very frustrating for you as you could not have done any better.

What exactly do you mean though by marked you down? Did they give 4 stars, 3 stars?

I have a theory that a lot of people when they do any sort of survey whatsoever, rarely hit the top or bottom markers unless they feel very strongly about something. So you probably get some buyer who says yes, it was pretty good, I'll give them a 4. 

It would be better if sellers received an automatic 5 stars when they uploaded details of items lodged within a specified time. This would be more objective than the somewhat random scores some buyers give. I know it wouldn't cover everything though as not everything is sent with tracking.

If the buyer only gave a 3, I'd be inclined to message them politely and say you were disappointed to find that they perceived the postage time to be only 3 star as you take pride in your service and just wanted to reassure them that you had posted as quickly as possible after payment was made. Payment was 11.54pm 31/8 and item was posted the next day on 1/9.

I doubt it would lose you any future custom, it's not rude & it also alerts the buyer to the fact the seller can see what is being given & cares. They aren't scoring in an anonymous bubble.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Don't waste you time simply black list the buyer.  You can do without that type.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The problem is that people think a 3 out of 5 is "good" (middle of the road) while eBay calls it a fail.

Imagine the food industry if all products with a health star rating of 3/5 or below were recalled!!! Apparently Coles brand peanuts in their shells have a 5/5. I have never tried eating peanut shells before...
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

just ring ebay & have them reinstate your DSRs....I do it all the time

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

We post same day if payement has cleared before 12md. We even have a section on our listings explaining to buyers that it's unfair to mark us down on postage delivery times. It's grossly unfair, because the whole thing is totally  out of our control.

What I don't understand though, is this. Why do eBay allow this in the first place? They too well know it is something that will happen undipendent of the exercise of our own will. If we've posted punctually, within the stated/agreed time, which can be easily proved, why should eBay still allow buyers to mark us down?  Sure, I understand why it's benchmarked, but there should be checks and balances along with it to ensure it's not abused.

It's just one of the many unfair and adverse changes I've noted in our 10 year absense.

THeres a little story about commonsense, but I'm sure you've all heard it.

Kindest,

Melina.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, if you post a tracked item within the specified time (via the correct method), it should automatically award 5 stars, the way it does for the P&H charges DSR when you list with free shipping. The information is all there for eBay to access - just lacking the commonsense as you've said.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@clubesquire wrote:

It's just one of the many unfair and adverse changes I've noted in our 10 year absense.

THeres a little story about commonsense, but I'm sure you've all heard it.

I am petty sure that one thing that has not changed in the last 10 years is the saying that the words ebay and commonsense should never appear in the same sentence.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply