Darn Coronavirus

The things that people are exploiting but obviously won't happen.

This is the highest bid I have so far seen.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Darn Coronavirus

Stay away from those mushrooms then haha

Message 31 of 54
Latest reply

here's another - 1 hour to go

Item number 223935682623
Message 32 of 54
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Apparently foods such as pasta, rice and bottled water are on the hit list. Plus, of all things, tomato sauce. Paracetamol is selling out fast too. 

Chemist could be the next in line as there are talks that Paracetomal products and Ventonil are in low supply

as they can't get more in due to lack of supply.Who knows.gif

Yes,Paracetamol is mostly manufactured in China but Ventonil is produced in the US.

So other items that are manufacured mostly in China could be on the hit list,which could cause shortages

for those who need those items.Angry head bang.gif

No pain killers may also bring some to the hospitals when they can't get them from other sources.

Message 33 of 54
Latest reply

I have just been to the P.O. for a friend to do some business for him.  Low and behold there were an unbelievable amount of people in there trying to post their very large parcels to Asia.  Yes, you guessed it "TOILET PAPER".  I was shocked to say the least.  While in the queue had a call from G daughter asking me to buy formula if I see it anywhere as she is having trouble finding what she needs.  No prize for guessing where most of it has gone!!!!!!!.

Sorry am a bit annoyed at the moment

Message 34 of 54
Latest reply

The postage cost would be massive so I just don't get it.
Message 35 of 54
Latest reply

I would imagine the cost of postage would wipe away your profit.

Message 36 of 54
Latest reply

I assume your pun was intended. 🙂 I don't think I've laughed so much in a long time so this virus has some side benefits, and of course laughter is the best medicine.
Message 37 of 54
Latest reply

I posted a parcel to China today, via Aust Post Standard International, which includes tracking. Buyer is aware that parcels are being delayed both in and out of China. The parcel was 600g and I added some insurance. It came in at $37.50. If I posted that here in a small satchel, it would have been $8.95 using eBay labels.

I would hate to think what a 36 pack of dunny roll would cost, or even 3 or 4 tins of formula. The silly thing with the formula is, they seem to buy one of the most expensive ones to send back to the home land. Do they think that dearer means better? Despite only paying extra for a pretty, shiny can?

Message 38 of 54
Latest reply

This could be our chance to UP our manufacturing & exports
Message 39 of 54
Latest reply

Perhaps they're as dumb as their ebay sellers seem to think we are!
Message 40 of 54
Latest reply