E Cheque

Good Morning all! I had a buyer pay with an e-cheque. What is this? I have Paypal as my only payment method so how did they bypass this? Also it says there's no seller protection. All I know is to not send until it clears.

Can anyone enlighten me please?
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

E Cheque

Good morning,

Buyers can pay via e-cheque through Paypal.  I think it is when the have a bnak account (in contrast to their credit card) linked to their PayPal account.  I have only had one instance of this happening and it took about 1 week for the money to clear.  Ebay won't ask you to send the item until the funds have cleared.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

An e-cheque is generated when the buyer has funded their paypal account with a bank account instead of a credit or debit card.  They take several days to clear unless the buyer also has a credit or debit card  attached to paypal.

An e-cheque makes no difference to seller protection....there must be some other reason for that.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

There is never any seller protection with an uncleared payment. Once the e-cheque clears, seller protection is available.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

The buyer has not bypassed anything, e-cheques are a valid form of payment via Paypal

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Just to add, sometimes the system will do it as an e-cheque without the buyer even realising it, when they normally do an instant payment.
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Ok well thanks everyone for the answers. I just thought it hadnt been paid by Paypal. Cheers!
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Didn't the notification come from paypal?

How did you know they had paid with an e-cheque if the notification did not come from paypal?

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Just be aware, that like a normal cheque, they do not always clear.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

E Cheque

Yes the notification was from Paypal but I didnt know what an eCheque was or had to do with Paypal.
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply