Fee on postage

Ebay's 10% on postage?Sticky fingers again.I had over 500 transactions over a few years and last year cancelled my account

due to very unprofessional paypal service.Lately I noticed simpler selling process and decided to give it another go.Do not know

whether it was a good decision.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Fee on postage

In total seriousness, and although I am currently selling here, I don't know that there is ANYTHING to do with Ebay that's a 'good' decision at the present time.

Lots of new bs.

For example - Paypal payments on newish accounts are now being held for 21 days.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

You said Lately I noticed simpler selling process and decided to give it another go,  Wow if anything it has got more complicated and harder to sell

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

@2014auswit wrote:

Ebay's 10% on postage?Sticky fingers again.I had over 500 transactions over a few years and last year cancelled my account

due to very unprofessional paypal service.Lately I noticed simpler selling process and decided to give it another go.Do not know

whether it was a good decision.

really??  in what way simpler

are you sure you have read the current Terms and Conditions of using eBay and Paypal?????????????????

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

You are right.I looked only at postage.It was a nightmare to go through in the past.Same crooks now.

@treasuress.4207 wrote:

In total seriousness, and although I am currently selling here, I don't know that there is ANYTHING to do with Ebay that's a 'good' decision at the present time.

Lots of new bs.

For example - Paypal payments on newish accounts are now being held for 21 days.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

I saw over the years a few times how people would make their item price low and have expensive postage charges, obviously to circumvent ebay's fees. If the fees for postage are meant to guard against this they have made ebay no longer enjoyable. If I sell a book for 99 cents, and post using a 3kg satchel, the postage on that is $13.40 - I calculate the total fees at $2.07 (ebay and PayPal) - wiping out your meagre revenue. Make it pointless to sell anything for 99 cents anymore for heavier items. I enjoyed ebay as the place where I could sell stuff I didn't need, and it didn't matter what it sold for, at least it didn't cost me to do so. Now I face the prospect of losing money whenever I list. I'm afraid this will drive casual sellers away.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

If it succeeds in driving away the ex-postage pirates then as far as I'm concerned it's no great loss and I'll be glad to see the backs of them. After all, they're the ones responsible in part for eBay's introduction of FVFs on the postage component of transactions, and in so doing have made selling internationally a lost cause.

Nobody was ever meant to make a profit on postage but because a handful of greedy and selfish sellers decided to make a nice little business in profiting from excessive postage, eBay decided to step in and do the same thing themselves, and now everybody suffers equally as a consequence.
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
If it succeeds in driving away the ex-postage pirates then as far as I'm concerned it's no great loss and I'll be glad to see the backs of them. After all, they're the ones responsible in part for eBay's introduction of FVFs on the postage component of transactions, and in so doing have made selling internationally a lost cause.

Nobody was ever meant to make a profit on postage but because a handful of greedy and selfish sellers decided to make a nice little business in profiting from excessive postage, eBay decided to step in and do the same thing themselves, and now everybody suffers equally as a consequence.

Yep.Ebay thought that sellers were naughty in making a profit on postage so they, (greedbay), decided they wanted a bit of that cake too..

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

10% of something is better than 100% of nothing !!!

If the sellers leave, then they get 0.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

When it reaches the point where the degree of effort involved is simply not worth the small amount of income received, it's sometimes better just to walk away. Some sellers here are barely earning the equivalent of $2 per hour or even less and you have to wonder why they continue to put up with it. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't even consider getting out of bed for less than $10 per hour, and I'd have to be pretty hard up to go even that low.
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply