Feedback

Is there a way to make sure a seller leaves feedback?

I tend to get good feedback but I also get a lot of no feedback.

Is that the usual experience? I always leave feedback selling or buying.

Regards

Marc

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Feedback

Feedback is voluntary.

a buyer can only get positive, good feedback from the seller.

A seller cannot leave a negative for a buyer, or a less than positive comment to go with the green dot.

once you have a bit of feedback, it becomes far less relevant for a buyer, as after a few, any automatic blocks sellers could have in place, will be behind you numbers wise 🙂

feedback here is more important for a seller to get, as it builds their reputation, and shows they are trustworthy to other buyers, if it is good. If a buyer has a poor experience, leaving appropriate feedback can warn other potential buyers.

so building a lot of feedback for a buyer only, is fairly non-important. So do not worry about it. The important thing is to get the goods you have bought in a timely manner in the condition specified.

if as a seller, you ask a buyer for feedback, you might not like the feedback they give if it annoyed them. I do not ask for feedback.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

What may I ask are you going to do with the buyer feedback? It is merely a record of how many items you have purchased from sellers who leave feedback, it tells other members nothing else about you. Is there a particular reason you want the world to know how many things you have bought? If there is a use for buyer feedback then please let me know and I may start looking to see if a seller leaves me any, as it stands now once I receive an item I leave feedback and archive the transaction, I have absolutely no interest in if the seller leaves me feedback or not and would not read it anyway. I don't need my ego stroking lol.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Sorry I meant to say from BUYERS .... eeee and I can not edit the post.

Lets try again.

1/3 of my customers do not leave feedback

I don't understand why since I dutifully leave feedback for them.

Is that a normal thing?

Thanks again

Marc

PS

The Gin and Tonic must be having an effect ...

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

I thought you might have, so I put another line in my first post 🙂

I would not ask for feedback as a seller, some (maybe most) buyers get annoyed by that, and could leave you a grumpy comment.

like here's that feedback you wanted with a grey dot.

buyers not leaving feedback is common enough for there to have been a few discussions here about it.

some buyers, if not thrilled, but not feeling it merits a neg, will not leave any.

but most will just take their goods and you should assume unless you hear anything bad, that they were happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

You are probably right, and so I don't,

only trying to understand if this is what's to expect or perhaps I must write in my descriptions like I've seen done from others,

"don';t forget to leave feedback 5 stars pretty pleeeese" well I don't like to do that but have seen it done.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Well, it is OK to write a simple line, saying something about to please contact the seller if you feel you cannot leave a positive and five stars.

that means more that the buyer should feel comfortable approaching you first about any issues rather than slapping you with a neg.

so it reads more as a friendly helpful seller, rather than a pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssse, but is still a gentle reminder.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, can I have a refund for typing my thoughts on the wrong sort of feedback lol lol.

Do you leave feedback straight away? If so perhaps wait until you receive it, I do and find that more buyers leave feedback than don.t. I have a healthy enough number on all my selling accounts and don't really care if they leave it or not. I would never ask for feedback but sometimes, if I am not busy, I will go through the sold list for items more than 50 days ago and send them an email asking them to confirm they have received their item so I can archive the transaction, this often prompts them to leave feedback.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Yep, I like that idea, both actually, contact me if you have a problem, and ask about the item a fter a month or two of no feedback. Mm, yes you do that when you have time I suppose.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

@2bargainhunter wrote:

You are probably right, and so I don't,

only trying to understand if this is what's to expect or perhaps I must write in my descriptions like I've seen done from others,

"don';t forget to leave feedback 5 stars pretty pleeeese" well I don't like to do that but have seen it done.

noooooooooooooooooooooo

don't do that!

If I see that, I purposely don't leave feedback!

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but some people just don't leave it for all kinds of reasons, (Trusty and i had a 4 page discussion on this ion a thread the other day LOL)

Don't ask, incase you don't like what you get, and as frustrating as the wait is, eventually some feedback rolls in.

I've tried it all ways and there have been a number of threads on the boards ie buyers wanting it after payment etc and when to leave it yada yada

but as a seller I reckon the best thing you can do is provide the best customer service possible, great well described products with fair postage charges (if applicable) and then thank your lucky stars that some customer hasn't had a bad day and left a neg for no apparent reason.

I once sold a second hand book. Listed it as used in acceptable condition - according to the eBay Guidelines it was probably better than Very Good condition.

The lady who bought it, with no contact left negative feedback stating that the book was used.

eBay decided that feedback was fair........

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply