Funds being held

I’ve been a member since 2007 and been selling I’d say 10+ years and I’ve just noticed on 2 items I have sold is says:

Buyer has already paid. Funds are being held temporarily while the payment processes.

What does this mean and why all of a sudden are my funds being held? I’ve never had funds held before. The items are from an active listing, Pinguicula (carnivorous plants) I’ve sold nearly 50 of these in the last 2 months and never had funds held. Is someone able to explain what’s going on please?
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Funds being held

What does your Paypal account say?

Are they eCheques?

Are you using Managed Payments?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

My guess would be it's an e-cheque, which is simply the buyer paid without enough money in their paypal account, paypal then take the money from their bank account. If that is what has happened, it's nothing to worry about, but the processing time can be lengthy. I wouldn't post however until the payment clears. With managed payments, guessing sellers won't be able to see the origin of the payment or status, just the Ebay updates

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Sometimes PP will automatically process a payment as an e-cheque if the buyer has recently made a lot of purchases.

The buyer is usually not aware of it and it can take 3-5 working days to clear.

image host
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Just don't post until eBay says "paid, post now"

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

It does say to post the items. More of my auctions are ending soon so will be interesting to see what happens with them, the listing in question is fixed price so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

There are no funds in my PayPal from the 2 purchases

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Are you on Managed Payments?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Managed Payments seems likely, as G Pay is a payment option on their listings.

OP, try going to the seller hub and clicking on the new Payments tab showing across the top, you should hopefully find payment details and a balance there. 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

if that's the case, as we suspect, that minor detail would have been handy at the outset.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply