Community Member

HOW DO I SET A RESERVE PRICE ON A LISTING

Hi everyone I hope ur all well,I am putting several listings on ebay to sell some items and would like to put a "reserve price" on these listings but cannot see an option for this when I am doing up the add.Does anybody know the steps to do this? Your help would be greatly appreciated... Cheers

Community Member

Re: HOW DO I SET A RESERVE PRICE ON A LISTING

in reply to dave69orama

Most categories of items on eBay do not allow a reserve. If you can't find the option, then the category doesn't support it.

If you're doing auctions, start at the minimum price you are prepared to accept - a lot of auctions only receive one bid these days.

Community Member

in reply to dave69orama

basically only boats / cars / caravans/ bikes etc have reserves on ebay australia, all the ''general'' categories do not have a set reserve.

the 'Start Price' of an auction is the minimum it will sell for

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Community Member

in reply to dave69orama

I hope you realise that a BUY IT NOW price is not a reserve.

If someone bids on the items you have as BINs the BIN price disappears and if you only get one bid, then the starting price is the price you will have to sell at.

Community Member

in reply to dave69orama

I never got this whole reserve price thing. WHy not just simply list it at the MINIMUM you will accept even if you only get one bid. Theres your reserve price...easy.

Community Member

in reply to dave69orama

I used to like the reserve price option. There seemed to be more interest generated, buyers would see say a diamond ring starting at 99c and actually look at the item plus quite often interested buyers would ask the reserve price and bid it.

Community Member

in reply to dave69orama

yes gem i get that, but if it is only one bid it will not reach your reserve price. it still needs two interested parties to bid and i used to ask myself Why am I now bidding against the seller anyway?

Community Member

in reply to dave69orama

If you feel you are bidding against the seller, stop bidding

Community Member

in reply to dave69orama

What sort of Express Delivery are you using? I hope it has full on line tracking which shows delivery to the buyer's address.

Also COD is cash on delivery, it does not mean the same as cash on pick up.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Community Member

in reply to dave69orama

gottabe....that is probably the reason that ebay got rid of reserves for most catergories. Buyers did not like having to bid against the seller.

Community Member

in reply to dave69orama
Agreed!!!
Community Member

in reply to goldnolde66

goldnolde66 wrote:
Agreed!!!

Agree to what? The thread is 2.5 years old so the person you are agreeing with probably won't see your agreement to whatever you are agreeing to.

Community Member

in reply to *tippy*toes*

you will find the poster is refering to the post above , mmmmm

Community Member

in reply to joethenuts

Joe, the poster has replied to the OP who has asked a question.   How can you agree with a question?

Most of the posters on this thread no longer post on the boards anyway.

Community Member

in reply to lyndal1838

the poster has replied to the post above his  simple as that  they have not replied to the op  that does not make sence   

read the op  and then read the post above his post. being new prob thinks he is talking to the last post  but has clicked the ops post by mistake.  very simple thing to do. 

and it does not matter if its 2 years old or  any of the posters are not there. how would this poster know that.

there is a reason old threads are left there , if someone wants to add to them they should be able to. 

Community Member

in reply to goldnolde66

hi gold  it looks like you have replied to the post above yours , but you have replied to the opening poster, if you want to reply to a post just click on there post and reply to that post  hope that helps in the future    have a nice day   

Community Member

in reply to lyndal1838

I wonder if it's because of all the good information and advice that they receive here.... Nahh! don't think so . Must be some other reason.

Community Member

in reply to skyrider12-au

skyrider12-au wrote:

I wonder if it's because of all the good information and advice that they receive here.... Nahh! don't think so . Must be some other reason.

Why do you keep coming here if you feel that way? No-one is forcing you to come here....... shakes head.gif

in reply to skyrider12-au

Hello, everyone. Keep in mind that interpersonal dispute and discussion of those who are no longer registered members are not allowed. Let's go back to the question this thread is about. Thanks very much. Smiley Happy

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to gewens

gewens wrote:

Hello, everyone. Keep in mind that interpersonal dispute and discussion of those who are no longer registered members are not allowed. Let's go back to the question this thread is about. Thanks very much. Smiley Happy

Can't imagine why you would think along those lines of interpersonal disputes and reply to me - I think you have replied to the wrong id.