HUGE postage label

I just printed a postage label, and it came out huge, (5"x7" or 13x18cms) approx. anyone else having this problem?  This has never happened before, and I haven't changed any of my settings, printer or otherwise.  Luckily my parcel is big, but this size will never fit on the normal size parcels I send.

Anybody have any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

HUGE postage label

I have had so many issues with postage labels the last couple of days. It has been in the new format and many of the own packaging labels are just not there. 

I did find the labels larger. 

Spoke with ebay due to the issues of own packaging not available and you can opt out of the new system (top right hand corner) if this is available it will rectify the size also. 

Otherwise when you go to print you should be able to adjust the size in the print section of your computer. This is what I nromally do dependent on the size of the parcel. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

HUGE postage label

I am still using the old system, and I looked at the options before printing the label, and there was nothing to adjust the size, the only option "fit to page" or to change the size of the page, which I can't as I am using A4, so need to stay with that setting. I couldn't find any way around this. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

HUGE postage label

Have you tried using Aus Post MyPost Business? You can link it to eBay and use it for eBay as well as any other sales. You can print out multiple labels at the same time and get a combined Tax Invoice instead of one invoice for every label like the eBay labels. Postage price discounts increase as your weekly volume increases. I haven't compared them for a while but I think if you're posting 5 or more parcels per week it is cheaper than the eBay labels.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

HUGE postage label

MyPost business is not what it was and the pricing can vary depending on your 8 week rolling average.

This can be a bit of an issue if you hit a slow patch or have a high letter to parcel ratio occasionally.

I you wnat to manipulate the ebay labels I'd give Inkscape a go:

Inkscape Site

This is a free open source program for document creation and manipulation and it will handle PDF files.

When you print an eBay label you can choose "open in another program" and select Inkscape then resize your output.

The program is quite complex but opening and printing a pdf shouldn't be too hard to work out.

I use it to gang up multiple labels on a single A4 sheet.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

HUGE postage label

I looked into "my Post Business' but as I am not a business, just cleaning out my house, and don't sell enough,  I don't see the point in making just another account.

I found the solution to my printer problem.  I just have to click "fit to page"  before printing, and instead of enlarging the label to the size of the page (as I would have thought) It shrunk it to exactly the size it used to print at by default. So all is good.  Thanks anyway to all, for your suggestions.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

HUGE postage label

Current discounts are

0-5 0%,   6-9 10%,   10+ 12.5%,   20+ 15.0%

Discounts aside, the tracking service is excellent.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

HUGE postage label

I don't sell enough to bother.  I still get a discount on labels printed via eBay.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply