International Buyer has paid for Sea Mail, how can i get a tracking number for AustPost sea mail?

Buyer from Russia brought item from me and ask me to send by sea mail, how can I get a tracking number to comply the paypal payment requirement for sea mail postage? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

International Buyer has paid for Sea Mail, how can i get a tracking number for AustPost sea mail?

go-tazz
Community Member

@telephoneworld1wrote:

Buyer from Russia brought item from me and ask me to send by sea mail, how can I get a tracking number to comply the paypal payment requirement for sea mail postage? Thanks

You can't as it can not get there in the stipulated time frame and you would lose any INR case.

As stated don't send anything by Seamail as you will lose your money and your item,(the buyer would know that

and would be relying on the late delivery to get it for nothing).

Just message them and say that you will only send it by air or cancel the transaction,(if you do send by air then

make certain it has tracking and contact eBay and let them know what's going on so that there is a record if/when

things do go wrong).

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You cannot get tracking for seamail the most you could do is get insurance and signature on delivery, which probably wouldn't satisfy Paypal or eBay for seller protection.

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-overseas/international-economy?&ecid=p10994830219

BUT the big problem you have is that eBay's ETA's are generated using airmail, and you would have no chance whatsoever in getting your parcel to Russia within that period by seamail, so you are very likely to get an "item not recieved" dispute opened against you which you will almost certainly lose.

If the sale was for a large amount of money and you can't afford to lose it , then you would probably be better off cancelling the transaction.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Paypal is quite specific that they do not give seller protection for items sent via surface mail for the very reason that Padi has mentioned....there is no way the item can arrive within the time allowed fro a dispute.

I don't know about the ebay dispute system...I have never bothered to read it as I am not a seller.

I suspect that the buyer knows this and is going to try to scam you.....as soon as they can they will open a dispute for INR.

Either ask the buyer for more money to use airmail or cancel the transaction.....or kiss your money and item goodbye.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

My first thought was just that. Buyer knows exactly what they are doing in relation to pulling a swifty

Hope I am wrong, but seen it too many times to be willing to risk it,if I were in your place

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@telephoneworld1wrote:

You can't as it can not get there in the stipulated time frame and you would lose any INR case.

As stated don't send anything by Seamail as you will lose your money and your item,(the buyer would know that

and would be relying on the late delivery to get it for nothing).

Just message them and say that you will only send it by air or cancel the transaction,(if you do send by air then

make certain it has tracking and contact eBay and let them know what's going on so that there is a record if/when

things do go wrong).

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Either ask the buyer for more money to use airmail or cancel the transaction.....or kiss your money and item goodbye.

What they said above, Two things that sent alarm bells off. 

Russia & Sea Freight.  

Even dealing with Russia alone is a big enough risk . I will not even airmail anything there anymore. 

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply