Item apparently not recieved

So the buyer was fully refunded including postage this was done through ebay, however now she is asking me to remove the item from her list of items purchased???? Ummmmmm I don't have access to her list of items purchased and I probably cannot or should not be able to change it as it is part of HER ebay so what do I do now and how do I explain this without causing offense?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

You can't remove it and neither can she. All she can do is archive it, but it will still show up in there.

Only way it can be done is if eBay deletes the entire listing from their database. Unless the item was against the rules, it's unlikely they would do that.

I wonder why she wants it removed? Does it upset her that much?

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Wow call me paranoid but something doesnt add up. First the item does not arrive & now she wants all trace or evidence that she even purchased the item removed? Hmmmmmmmmm very strange. Sounds like she is trying to hide something or cover her tracks.

lol............... yep I really do sound like one of those crackpot conspiracy theorists hahahaSmiley LOL

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

I wondered that too, whether she was a scammer of sorts and wanted all traces removed in case she was ever caught out. It would be interesting to see her feedback.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

I did suspect that from the start as she took over 3 weeks to advise me of not receiving her item, needless to say she immediately went onto my blocked list and I have now started using postage labels so all is now tracked. Thanks for the advice I will let her know but I suspect she won't be pleased.
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

tonig007 if others wish to check
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Well you are clever seems there is a bit of history of items not showing up oh well...... There you go lol
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Hey! There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned conspiracy theory. Many mysteries are solved that way.

Me thinks that perhaps there maybe a little nagging guilt Woman Very Happy

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

... and if I may suggest that you put a follow-up against the feedback you left for her (assuminig you did so) that says something like...

"<UserID>: Refund given due to item reported lost in post <date>"

The userID is important as part of the comment so we can see who it is and add her to our special lists if we wish to.

That way all other sellers can see when they look at her feedback that this has happened and if all sellers do this then the track history becomes very clear and a permanent part of her FB, and may stop her from doing it in future.

We normally send out replacements rather than refund so our comment says "replacement sent".

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@jacleo36 wrote:
tonig007 if others wish to check

I see no evidence of other INR's in that FB

My theory is she wanted it as a gift and now

wants to remove the purchase history so the would-be

recipient doesn't see it

She even gave a green dot and positive FB

thanking the seller,  for the item in question

Message 10 of 21