I've decided to start selling again after almost a year of not selling (or buying much) and have encountered many changes, so I filled in all details but now system keeps telling me I need to verify "micro deposits" by LOGGING into my bank acct from ebay.  It will be a cold day in he** before I log into my acct from anywhere but my bank's official web site.

I can see the 2 micro deposits in my acct so why does ebay insist that I log in from their site?

Can anyone explain this nonsense, please?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Log into bank from ebay?

I'm not an eBay seller, so bear in mind that I've no personal experience of verifying my identity in order to sell on eBay.

From eBay's help page Registering as a seller:

Logging into your bank

When verifying your account, if your bank is available in the Add a bank account list, you can select it and log in directly with your bank credentials. This is the fastest way to verify your bank account.

Using micro-deposits

Alternatively, you can choose to verify your account using micro-deposits.

If you choose this option, we'll send two micro-deposits (small payments) to your linked bank account. It can take a few days for the micro-deposits to reach your bank account, depending on your financial institution. Once they've reached your account, sign into My eBay or Seller Hub and follow the instructions on the banner to enter and confirm the micro-deposit amounts to verify your account.

In other words, you should (apparently) have the option either to log in from eBay, or to type in the micro-deposit amounts in My eBay/Seller Hub. In that second option, I don't see any mention of having to log in to your bank account from eBay's site. Presumably you would see the micro-deposit amounts within a day or so in your bank account (which you would access in a separate tab/window on your computer, or from another device - i.e., NOT via eBay).

I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm not an eBay seller, so bear in mind that I've no personal experience of verifying my identity in order to sell on eBay.

From eBay's help page Registering as a seller:

Logging into your bank

When verifying your account, if your bank is available in the Add a bank account list, you can select it and log in directly with your bank credentials. This is the fastest way to verify your bank account.

Using micro-deposits

Alternatively, you can choose to verify your account using micro-deposits.

If you choose this option, we'll send two micro-deposits (small payments) to your linked bank account. It can take a few days for the micro-deposits to reach your bank account, depending on your financial institution. Once they've reached your account, sign into My eBay or Seller Hub and follow the instructions on the banner to enter and confirm the micro-deposit amounts to verify your account.

In other words, you should (apparently) have the option either to log in from eBay, or to type in the micro-deposit amounts in My eBay/Seller Hub. In that second option, I don't see any mention of having to log in to your bank account from eBay's site. Presumably you would see the micro-deposit amounts within a day or so in your bank account (which you would access in a separate tab/window on your computer, or from another device - i.e., NOT via eBay).

I hope that helps.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

How is logging in using the eBay online banking system, to buying stuff online using a CC and adding ALL your details including the Security number on the back? 

Otherwise, don’t sell on eBay.. I haven’t sold on eBay in over 10 yrs….. 😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Ebay does not insist you log in to you bank from ebay, there is a simple bypass available.   Reading your FB as a seller, would indicate an attitude that is not compatable with ebay.   Note:  you are going to be deemed a new seller, your funds are going to be held by ebay and you are going to be required to ship your items long before you see the money.  In the event of metric defects that you are likely to receive, you are also likely to be penalised with  %+  FVF  and/or dispute resolution fees,

Somehow I don't see you being a happy ebayer

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

All I did was log into my account by the usual method - not eBay - noted the small deposits - went back and verified them.

Simples.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

If you're that worried, log into your bank and then change your password once done. You should be changing your password regularly anyway, so no biggie.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

as gutter said - referring to customers by name calling like "impatient cow" in your public and numerous unsavoury feedback as a seller - you're going to continually be having problems with delayed payments, extra charges for disputes, loss in seller rating etc. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

You gotta be kidding!  3 negs in i6 YEARS!   and you deem me "not compitable"??? 

2 negs were from the same buyer along with 42 abusive messages...and did you see where I explained emergency hospitalization?  You try accessing your ebay acct when you're unconscious for many days.

The other neg was from a woman who merely wanted very expensive shoes for free.

Get over your sanctimonious self!

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you; it's crystal clear to me now.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@doobelly wrote:

Get over your sanctimonious self!

Did you mean to say "sanctimonious" cow?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply