Low star member needs help!!!

I only have 1 point. It seems that nobody buys my products. How can I do? Please help...

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Your listings need attention. You cannot quote postage and then say in the listing it will be something different. If you use the ebay satchels and labels delivery will be $7.15 plus a few cents for the satchel. If you use your own packaging with the ebay labels it will be $7.20. It is fine to add a handling charge and for any other packaging. I charge $7.99

You are offering Cash on Delivery, that is not the same as cash on pick up and means you are going to use a very expensive Aus Post service or deliver in person anywhere in Australia and get paid when the item arrives, I am sure that is not what you wanted and meant to opt for payment on pick up.

I would build up a few more feedback by buying some things, many buyers just look at the number and percentage so won't be bothered what the feedback is for.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

What you have to remember is that currently on Ebay there are over 48000 leather purses listed - over 5000 in Australia. People have so much choice and can buy similar purses to your stock. How does your product compare - how do your prices compare. With the number of items you have compared to the number available for sale on Ebay you have actually done quite well to sell one. When I started out on Ebay I was selling books - with 600 listed I'd only be selling 6-8 a week. 

Do a market comparison - how does your product compare with other similar items being sold. If you were a buyer would you buy your own stock at that price or look at another buyers product.  Look at your listing descriptions and formatting as well. Currently the text is small, black, no particular formating or template to jazz it up and has a number of spelling and grammatical errors. All these add to the buying experience and properly done they do lead to more sales.

Make some changes - see if they work - keep at it and don't get disheartened. When starting out there is a lot to learn but you'll get there.

Ad astra per alia porci โ€” To the stars on the wings of a pig

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

I think one thing you could do is to try and highlight functional features of the wallets in the titles and main gallery image. I know that in the past, when I have searched on eBay for items like these (bags, wallets, purses etc), I searched more for specific features and sizes over look.

For example, if something contains 8 slots for cards, I think you will improve click-through rates if you can show that in the item images or titles, because people can see up-front that an item will have the features they're looking for, and IMHO on a site where there are thousands of other similar items listed, you have better chance or gaining interest if people know you have what they want rather than if people have to click through to find out if you have what they want. 

You could do collage or composite gallery images to show those sorts of things, I apologise for taking taking the liberty Smiley Embarassed , but I wanted to show an example of what I mean with one of your own products (image done via a site called PicMonkey using the collage feature, which is free, background brightened a little, as well, plus removed yellow lighting tarnish from what I presume from the other components is a silver tone, lightened shadows somewhat - took me about 5 mins, and if I was being a bit more careful I would have made the pic a bit more balanced overall) :

Purse Collage.jpg

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

This is a cut and paste from the item finishing first, the dusty pink beetroot purse.

The bi-colour purses is perfectly made from cowhides. The slim and trendy design is ultimate choice for many casual occasions, or daily use.

It is a genuine piece, not fake or copied. Button flap, well-made card inserts, slots and coin pockets are just needed there. It is like a place for everything, and everything is in the place.

The puller and edge of leather inside are slightly damaged, but it does not effect usage. Slight watermraks spots on upper.

You said your written English isn't that good since you left school, so I'll try and help you out a bit with the above listing. This is how I would reword it.

This bi-colour purse is perfectly made from cowhide leather. The slim and trendy desigh is the ultimate choice for any special occasion, or for every day use.

It is a genuine piece, not a fake or copy. 

The features include 8 slots to store your cards, a zipped coin pocket  and a buttoned flap to keep everything secure and in it's place.

There are some small scuffs on the leather inside and also on the leather attached to the zip. These do not affect the usage of this purse at all. There are also some small waternarks on the (insert the area here).

This is just an example.....the best I can come up with at 1am! Others might have some ideas on how to word it better again.

I would also include close up photos of the areas that you say are damaged, so buyers can see exactly what they issue is. It might save you from buyers not reading the description properly and trying to hit you with item not as described. I have seen too many horror stories in here of buyers being so picky with their purchase. You need to photograph EVERYTHING! Even if you don't post all the photos in your listing, keep them available so you have proof of every square inch.

Good luck! It's always hard starting out. Definitely get onto the Chinese and Thai sellers to buy a few cheap items. Beads or pendants are usually always cheap and are able to be resold. You can get plenty of things for less than $2. Only bid on items that have free postage. There are enough sellers offering free postage that you would be mad to pay for it! Buy a couple of things from a lot of different sellers so each feedback counts towards your number. If you buy 20 things from one seller in the same week, it will only add 1 feedback to your number.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Try dropping your Postage to $7.20 if you can.
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

$7.20 will not cover eBay's grab/tax on postage.

The last time I listed I couldn't sell a couple of handbags for $5 each & I don't think it is the time of the year - the sales slowed & then stopped earlier in the year.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Oops I kudoed insread of hitting reply.

Your wallets look great, maybe a few more pics on each item.

Hang in there it takes a little while to get traction as a Seller.

I am eyeing off one of your wallets as I need a spare ๐Ÿ™‚

Best of luck with it, I am sure you will do well .Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Your listings need attention. You cannot quote postage and then say in the listing it will be something different. If you use the ebay satchels and labels delivery will be $7.15 plus a few cents for the satchel. If you use your own packaging with the ebay labels it will be $7.20. It is fine to add a handling charge and for any other packaging. I charge $7.99

You are offering Cash on Delivery, that is not the same as cash on pick up and means you are going to use a very expensive Aus Post service or deliver in person anywhere in Australia and get paid when the item arrives, I am sure that is not what you wanted and meant to opt for payment on pick up.

I would build up a few more feedback by buying some things, many buyers just look at the number and percentage so won't be bothered what the feedback is for.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Just to add to what PJ said, I'd buy a few cheap things from china ($1 or $2) from a few different sellers. Most Chinese sellers leave feedback as soon as you pay. You can always list them for sale if you don't want to keep them. 

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Buying to build up feedback.

I did this years ago and it really got me going. I bought ebooks using automatic delivery when paid through PayPal. BUT EBAY STOPPED THAT. If I was doing it now I'd but beads from China Cheap and small.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks eveyone to reply my question.

My postage fee is $8.25. It is a bit expensive fee to post. I am thinking to reduce th postage fees by using large letter envelope.

Hope will reduce some fees for buyers to make purchases.

Thanks everyone's help, and happy nw year!

Cutejuan1983

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Yeah, you are right. Chinese things are cheap and small. It may be a good way to build your starts.

LoL

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@cutejuan1983 wrote:

Thanks eveyone to reply my question.

My postage fee is $8.25. It is a bit expensive fee to post. I am thinking to reduce th postage fees by using large letter envelope.

Hope will reduce some fees for buyers to make purchases.

Thanks everyone's help, and happy nw year!

Cutejuan1983

Your items won't fit into a large letter envelope.

They would still be considered a parcel

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply