My ebay account restricted from selling

loves4sale
Community Member

I think its been a couple of months since I received the notice. Til now I still cannot sell on ebay. I'm moving house soon so I wanna sell some used high value items like iphone, macbook and designer handbags etc. Just wondering what I can do to be able to sell again? Or can I close the account and re open a new one so I could sell?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: My ebay account restricted from selling

Or can I close the account and re open a new one so I could sell?

You are not able to do that, I'm afraid, as when one account (i.e. member) is restricted, it applies to all of their IDs and creating a new ID to try and circumvent restrictions could see all your IDs permanently banned. 

Looking at your FB, I'd say it's your DSRs (detailed seller ratings - the stars), as they are actually quite low, so I presume you've received a few 1 & 2 ratings from buyers. They are on your account and are counted in your seller performance for 12 months, so they will continue to affect your account for a while yet. What that means in terms of listing and selling I can't really say - in that I have no idea if eBay will allow you to list some items before the low ratings are gone. 

I suggest you contact eBay and ask for clarification about the duration of the restriction, and perhaps look for alternative selling avenues if you are unable to list here at all. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Or perhaps have a close relative list some on their account for you if no joy talking with ebay.

I often sell items for neighbors or friends that don't use a computer well.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I have a mobile wireless broadband connection. That ensures that every time I log in to the net I have a different IP address. But I still have the same physical address...

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I think its been a couple of months since I received the notice

You need to go & find that email & read exactly what it states.I'm pretty sure that from other members who've posted here with similar issues,there IS a timeframe given in the email.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I think its been a couple of months since I received the notice. Til now I still cannot sell on ebay.

what does it take to get restricted from selling?:|

Signatures suck.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Just wondering what I can do to be able to sell again?

have you tried to make a listing to see what happens?:|

i have on my other account, keeps tellin' me im restricted to 100 listings a month, when it was increases to 150. no replys from ebay as yet. must be glitch or something, they have lots of those. 

Signatures suck.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Your 97.4% feedback rating and low DSRs are likely to be causing your problem.

TCT
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Until such time as the OP actually goes back & reads the email they received from ebay,we could guess all day as to why they're suspended ie policy violations is another reason

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Or failure to read their thread and respond to the posters.....

I still think their feedback % and DSRs may be the cause........

TCT
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply