My listings coming up in the ads with free postage

All of my listings have calculated postage, free local pickup. However, I have noticed that when my listings come up as ads, suggestions that come up at the bottom of the search page, they all say "free postage"  Many thanks for any suggestions on how to fix this.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I don't think you can fix that. It probably just looks at your FREE local pickup as the lowest shipping cost in your listing and take that as free postage is offerred. At least you are not the one false advertising.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I don't see any with free postage....but I am in Adelaide
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I am in Melbourne and see a postage cost on all your listings. For example - $7.95 on the single Barbies

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

The adds at the bottom that say free postage should come up as normal when members click on them,(so your

listings will show the correct calculated or free pick up in postage once they click on the listing).

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, they all show the correct postage when going directly to the listing, it only says " free postage" when they come up as ads or suggestions at the bottom of the search page (this is put up by eBay)  I am just worried that sooner of later a buyer may go via this to buy without seeing that it does indeed have postage costs.  i have noticed this on occasion on other seller's items as well. eBay is misleading buyers, I just don't want to end up getting blamed by buyers for eBay's glitch.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

If you click on your items that show "free postage" in the ads, do they come up showing postage? If so then the buyer can only buy with the postage included.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The listing will show postage and if the buyer claims that it was listed as free postage then you just refer

them to the listing and state that at no time did you list with free postage,(if they insist then just tell them to

contact eBay who will tell them the same thing),good.gif

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you one and all for your answers, yes everything you say is true, but I would prefer to fix the problem and not have people misled by the "free postage" enticement, which could end up causing me problems or getting me a negative. The only option to fix this that I can see, is to remove the "local pickup" which is rather a silly solution. I can just see a buyer saying "good, free postage" clicking "buy" without looking further, then comes the negative "she offered free postage, then reneged and added it anyway" or there being a dispute because the buyer won't pay, when they realize there is a postage cost.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I have finally had enough myself of the way they show free postage and I feel it will be better to remove local pick up from all my listings. For the odd one I do get it is not worth the unpaid ones I do get constantly. 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply