Neutral feedback

I received a my second neutral feedback. First one was for pick up only & buyer did not make contact until 10 days after sale and then wanted me to post as well as sell the items for half sale price - cancelled sale. LESSON LEARNT! Today I was left neutral feedback by a buyer who came and picked up the item from me 8 days ago.....was happy at time of pick up..........(I alway have a return policy of 7 days in listing) - never contacted me to say there was a problem, just left neutral feedback with comment 'thx". I emailed to ask if there was a problem & to say I do have a return policy if there is a problem. No response. Is anyone else having these sort of problems I  go out of my way to make sure the  customer is happy.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Neutral feedback

if you open and close a non payer dispute on anyone who does not go thru with the sale, then they cannot leave your any feedback.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Neutral feedback

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I opened a NPD against someone which resulted in them paying for the item, and giving me positive feedback lol
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Neutral feedback

Yes if a buyer pays before a dispute is closed they can leave feedback but if it is closed without payment then they cannot.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Neutral feedback

Ah I see. I was rather shocked that they still left positive, yet never replied to one of my messages.

It does seem unfair though that OP went out of their way to make the customer happy yet still received a neutral. I personally dont really have those problems having only ever received one neutral on my original account that I did consider fair and the buyer was well in their right to leave it. I feel lucky it wasn't a negative as I was totally in the wrong having advertised a couple of items in a girls clothes bundle as girls sizes when they were actually womens. I didn't do it intentionally but it was something I overlooked when describing the items.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Neutral feedback

Yes I learned a lesson on what to do next time but at the time this person had only 2 feedbacks so thought they were new to Ebay and gave them the benifit of the doubt............wrong......within a month of being on ebay they had 3 negative feedbacks from buyers out of 7 feedbacks then they went private.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Neutral feedback

Classic have you rung ebay to request feedback removal of that neutral ? It might just fall outside of eBays timeline for removal but worth a shot given the circumstances around the sale and the buyers history.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Neutral feedback

I just wish ebay would give sellers the same rights to give negative or neutral feedback as they do with buyers! I have met some wonderful people through ebay who have turned up when arranged for pickup or message to make a new time but then there are others who really make it difficult. Why bid if you are in a different state and it is for pick up only, why bid if you cant pick the item up within the stated time!  Buyers may always be right..............but without the seller there ain't no buyers!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Neutral feedback

Yes I did contact ebay on several occasion with everyone who I spoke to saying it should be changed but you see I made the mistake on the invoice of giving the buyer my mobile number to contact to arrange for pick up so when they did contact 10 days later it was on my mobile via message, so all the message were on my phone. The only time she used the email the morning after she message via the mobile to say she couldnt pick up as she had no car and is nearly 2 hours away, asking me to post, then saying instead of the sale price she offered half and if I wouldn't post then I should deliver to her! Then said cancel the sale. So I did, but just relisted it instead of going through the system as I thought she was new to ebay. She emailed the one and only time the next morning to say she had a car and could come that day anytime to pick up but then added " I think you have sold it to someone else" which when I checked I had. Several weeks later she left neutral feedback " Unflexible with pick up cancelled sale" I'm still annoyed by this.......can you tell!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Neutral feedback

Just sucks.

I'd have another go on the grounds of "disproportionate amount" of negative or neutral feedback left.  Even though you can't see their feedback now, you got a glimpse at it before and it wasn't a great track record.

Might not fly, but always reckon its worth taking another shot from a different angle, as there are a few eBay reps in their that look at feedback removal a bit different than most of the others. You might just strike the one in a thousand lol. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply