Newbies ggggrrrrrr!

Is anyone else having problems with newbies at the moment? I have had 3 buyers in the past 2 weeks (all with 0 feedback scores). The first didn't bother to pay and didn't reply to my emails, the second gave two separate addresses (one on ebay and one on PayPal), and the third paid by eCheque which has been cancelled by the bank.  So frustrating and time consuming!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Newbies ggggrrrrrr!

You can block 0 feedback members that are not verified + many other options to block unwanted bidders.

To put these blocks in place hover your mouse over account in your my eBay page and from the drop down click on Site Preferences then go down the list till you see Buyer requirements and to the right of that click on show then click on edit. From there you can put in place the blocks you want, to stop those you want to block from purchasing from you.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Newbies ggggrrrrrr!

Thanks so much sparklz - very much appreciated. Have a great weekend.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Newbies ggggrrrrrr!

@riverdancer01 wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with newbies at the moment? I have had 3 buyers in the past 2 weeks (all with 0 feedback scores). The first didn't bother to pay and didn't reply to my emails, the second gave two separate addresses (one on ebay and one on PayPal), and the third paid by eCheque which has been cancelled by the bank.  So frustrating and time consuming!

first didn't bother to pay and didn't reply to my emails

simple solution is open/ close non payer dispute, she'll be off ebay pretty soon if she does it again.

the second gave two separate addresses (one on ebay and one on PayPal),

no problem at all, any sold items MUST be sent to the paypal address,  the ebayone is just for their registration on ebay. the Paypal address is the one chosen at checkout as their mailing address.  I have about 8 different mailing addresses for buying (some things go directly to my family / grandkids etc...)

the third paid by eCheque which has been cancelled by the bank

anoying yes, but just as #1 open / close a dispute.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Newbies ggggrrrrrr!

At least half of my purchased items will have a different address in the item sold email the seller receives as soon as the item is purchased and in the delivery address that will show after I have been through checkout and in Paypal. I have several delivery addresses listed on ebay and can choose any of them when going through checkout.

I have been buying and selling on ebay for well over a decade so in no way could I be called a newbie, it is rather that you do not understand how ebay works.

I have only once had a cancelled echeque and they were extremely apologetic and remade the payment as soon as I contacted them.

Newbies may get it wrong and require a bit of hand holding but if you look after them they can become repeat buyers and belive me they are worth their weight in gold.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Newbies ggggrrrrrr!

Thanks putney! Fortunately, the buyer whose cheque bounced has now paid via PayPal.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Newbies ggggrrrrrr!

Thank you phorum junkie. Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. I, too, have been selling for over a decade and have had many buyers who have had two different addresses listed. On several occasions that I can recall, I sent the items to the addresses listed in PayPal, buyers reported that the item had not arrived and I PayPal withdrew their payments from my account. Now I always double check with the buyer and on more than one occasion, the ebay address is the correct one.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply