No free listing for Stores

I have a featured store on ebay and hence I should get 200 free listings according  to new ebay fees structure. However I have just checked my account activity for May and it seems that ebay keeps charging me $0.20c for relisting my items. Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: No free listing for Stores

ok, here is a deal. It seems that items listed in two categories are getting free listing for one category only and ebay charges insertion fee for the second category. Where exactly ebay explains it in their new fee structure? It says nothing about it.

I am not saying that items listed in two categories should be counted as one in 200 free listings. It would be fair to me if ebay  could count it as two. But they do not do it forcing sellers to duplicate this item in the second category just to get it listed for free. That is not right, especially considering that ebay does not like duplicated items.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

do you have any restrictions on your account??

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

It was noted in the FAQ with the new fees

26. What if I list an item in two categories?

If you list in two categories, you'll be charged any applicable insertion and feature fees for the second category.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/node/134

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I am not saying that items listed in two categories should be counted as one in 200 free listings. It would be fair to me if ebay  could count it as two. But they do not do it forcing sellers to duplicate this item in the second category just to get it listed for free. That is not right, especially considering that ebay does not like duplicated items.

I am a bit fuzzy on your logic here - if you want a free listing all you have to do is list in one category only.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

I do not have any restrictions.

What's wrong with my logic? 

I have 200 free listings because of the store subscription. I have 100 listings listed each in two different categories. Why not count these 100 as 200  free listings? 

I have listed my items in two categories because that's where they must be listed so people can find them. Now I will have to list the same item twice. What good will it do to me and to eBay?

Ok, it is on the FAQ, but there is not even a link to that FAQ page from the http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/fees.html page.

How many pages which are not even linked to the fee page do I need to find myself and check to see if there is any hidden terms and conditions on these so called free listings?

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

eBay have always charged for extras when the initial insertion fee has been 0, store or no - and a second category has always been counted as an optional, extra 'upgrade'.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Well I as yet have not seen myself get a free listing. Looks like we have all been suckered again. Fair? No. Surprised? No.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

The FAQs were pretty easy to find if you followed the announcement and when you create a listing using the SYI form, it tells you how much you will be charged directly above the submit button. When you list with TL it also gives the associated costs.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

I do not create listings myself now, they are relisted by ebay automatically. Do I always have to create some test listing each time when ebay changes their fees structure just to see where exactly ebay will screw me up? Common, lets be realistic, They have changed fee structure and published their new fees. Why have not they care to explain that second category insertion fee does not apply to these free listings on the same page where these fees has been published.

All information must be transparent because people paying money to them.

Before when I paid insertion fees I was aware for paying extra for the second category. Now it says get 200 free listings if you have a featured store. Ok, sounds good to me  and I have changed subscription to Featured store from Basic. And they screwed me up/ Moreover I was not even aware of this until I decided to check my balance. How many other sellers have been screwed up on the same thing and have no idea about it?

Now I must end 100 items and create 200 instead. 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply