Postage Charges

kjh-1955
Community Member

Tell me I'm dreaming. I recently sold an item on eBay for $157.50 with a postage fee of $15.95 that the buyer has paid for in the purchase. Total Sale was $173.45 of which eBay then received $23.45 for Final Sale Fee & GST leaving a net proceed of $149.91, all good so far. I then I receive my notification of payout for an amount of  $133.96 which is $15.95 less than the supposed net proceed. If the buyer pays the postage surely there should be no charge to the seller just to print a postage label that has already been paid for. If I'm missing something I'll be extremely grateful to anyone who can explain this situation in plain English to me, something that a 1 hour phone call to eBay failed to deliver.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Postage Charges

No, you pay the postage and the buyer pays for it in the sale total - I presume you used eBay postage labels as well and not AP.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

As padi said, if you are charged for postage, then you have used eBay postage labels. Not necessarily a prudent option. Postage is not free, the buyer paid postage to you, it is up to you to determine how you will post.

For future reference, if you send an average of ONE parcel a week, Australia Post MyBusiness is significantly cheaper.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

The buyer has paid you $15.95 to ship the item to them,  now how do you expect to do that free of charge

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Postage Charges

No, you pay the postage and the buyer pays for it in the sale total - I presume you used eBay postage labels as well and not AP.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

As padi said, if you are charged for postage, then you have used eBay postage labels. Not necessarily a prudent option. Postage is not free, the buyer paid postage to you, it is up to you to determine how you will post.

For future reference, if you send an average of ONE parcel a week, Australia Post MyBusiness is significantly cheaper.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

The buyer has paid you $15.95 to ship the item to them,  now how do you expect to do that free of charge

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

Thanks for the feedback, congratulations to the Dees on last years performance.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

A long time coming. I'm probably one of very few who remember the last one, and that is vaguely.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

A good friend is an avid Demons supporter and lifelong member. He was born in mid October 1964. He missed out on their last flag by three weeks. Of course  he was ecstatic with the win, but livid he couldn't see the game live due to Covid (after waiting so long).

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

Hello, everyone. It's very important to keep your discussion relevant to the topic. If you have something else to talk about, please start a new thread. Remember irrelevant posts might be removed. Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Postage Charges

OP took the thread off-topic. The question had already been answered to their satisfaction. Hardly a hanging offence.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply