Postage

Not been selliing for a while so can some-one please tell me how much the postage iis on the eBay satchels..500gms, 3 kilo and 5 kilo.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Postage

I've had this discussion before.  I frown on people who run a business

and use concession stamps.

If they are a sometimes seller, then fair enough.  But not running a business.

I make a point of not buying from them again.

Message 11 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

You're not going to like this heihachi, but I'm in complete agreement with Stalks, Dave and lyndal on this one, the intention of the concession stamps is for private mail for pensioners not for business use. 

You may bring up the pollies with their snouts in the trough with the benefits they rort on a regular basis, but really are you being any different, albeit you're only using 50 pensioner concession stamps a year.

Sorry, but any rort gets up my nose.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

If the staff at the counter didn't insist I keep using them in place of $1 stamps I would be happy to use the normal ones, not using concession stamps would make absolutely no difference to me aside from a $20 note. Maybe they should being in a clause that concession stamps can only be used one at a time on small letters up to 5mm thick, similar to the Christmas ones. The first thing they do is ask for my MyPost card and whether I want a sheet of (5) concession stamps, even though I haven't been eligible for well over six months.
Message 13 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

So now it is AP staff at fault.

Guess what? You could just insist on paying the proper postage amount. And how do the AP staff know you have the concessional entitlement, unless you flash your card?

Get over yourself.

Message 14 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

@padi*0409 wrote:

You're not going to like this heihachi, but I'm in complete agreement with Stalks, Dave and lyndal on this one, the intention of the concession stamps is for private mail for pensioners not for business use. 

You may bring up the pollies with their snouts in the trough with the benefits they rort on a regular basis, but really are you being any different, albeit you're only using 50 pensioner concession stamps a year.

The concession stamps have no such terms of use.

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/stamps/concession-stamps/conditions-of-use

Bagging a seller on a concession card that is using the stamps they are entitled to use is pretty low IMO.  There are limits in place.

Shame the government doesn't do more to support pensioners and other low income earners to earn a few extra bucks through their resourcefulness and effort, including selling on eBay. 

Any earnings contribute to pushing many of those concession card holders that little bit closer to earnings equivalent the poverty line.

Message 15 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

Whelp... them stamps give a visual confirmation some of the costs were subsidised, which is obviously offensive,  unlike the many more "invisible" subsidies. 😉

I hope you're not getting a discount on the electricity you use to run your computer and conduct your sales, and therefore further allowing the government to subsidise your business, but if you are, you should at least be passing those savings on to your buyers, eh?

Message 16 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

@thecatspjs wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

Bagging a seller on a concession card that is using the stamps they are entitled to use is pretty low IMO.  There are limits in place.

Shame the government doesn't do more to support pensioners and other low income earners to earn a few extra bucks through their resourcefulness and effort, including selling on eBay. 

Any earnings contribute to pushing many of those concession card holders that little bit closer to earnings equivalent the poverty line.

Supporting a seller who complains about not having unlimited concessional postage is very low, IMO. especially when you have noted - 

There are limits in place.

Unless you consider there should be several playing fields. Or didn't actually read heihachi's whinge. Or are just having 2 bob each way.

Message 17 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

@thecatspjs wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

I've had this discussion before.  I frown on people who run a business

and use concession stamps.

If they are a sometimes seller, then fair enough.  But not running a business.

I make a point of not buying from them again.

Surprise surprise.... not

Of course you frown on others accessing something they are entitled to access and / or doing the best they can to make ends meet.

Its consistent with the kind of poster you are.

Once again you have missed the point. Of a member complaining about not getting unlimited concessional postage.

I frown on disingenuity, but that doesn't stop you.

Message 18 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

@thecatspjs wrote:

I did not state that it was in the terms of use cats, I said that the intention for their use was for private mail and not business mail.

Please don't cherry-pick my or others posts to suit your agenda.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 41
Latest reply

Postage

@padi*0409 wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

I did not state that it was in the terms of use cats, I said that the intention for their use was for private mail and not business mail.

Please don't cherry-pick my or others posts to suit your agenda.

Thats your very loose interpretation of the intention.

Policy and guidelines that informs Income support mechanisms are guided by a big picture view of saftey net supports as well as general community service expectations.

Those that nit pick a few cents and dollars tend to be guided by judgemental moralistic ill placed assumptions in my experience.

Message 20 of 41
Latest reply