Private feedback

Why do some people have private feedback?

I have made a decision - I will never ever leave feedback for a buyer who has private feedback. I don't care if they buy lots of items, pay promptly, and leave glowing feeedback for me. No way!!!

What do others think?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Private feedback

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Well it is a good thing I don't buy stamps on ebay then, isn't it?

Why are you so against Private feedback?   Some of us just prefer that the snoops on the boards cannot see what we are buying...if they are really interested they can do a search of our current purchases but I personally don't make it any easier than I have to.

There are lots of reasons for buyers to have Private feedback.....they don't want the world to know what size clothing they buy, they might buy expensive collectibles or jewellery (I buy both)...there are numerous reasons.

It really does not worry me personally if you or other sellers do not leave feedback for me...with well in excess of 10000 individual comments I don't need it.  But you will find that a lot of buyers will react in kind and not leave you any feedback either and it hurts you as a seller far more than it will hurt the buyer.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Private feedback

as a collector yourself, surely you understand that some collectors do not want to advertise to the world what they buy and from whom.

the advantage of (private) feedback to collectors is not only that you cannot easily see what they've bought, but also you cannot see who they bought it from!

If I know you collect a certain country and you're always buying from ''iluvstamps1234' or whoever, then I take the shortcut and just shearch his auctions/listings to try to beat you to a bargain

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Private feedback

I have private feedback on my buying account because I have 10 snoopy kids who have worked out how to check my Id feedback to find out what they are getting for birthdays etc!

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Private feedback

I've made a decision >I will never buy from Sellers who do not leave feedback for their buyers 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Private feedback

The only problem with that decision is that you won't know if your seller is going to leave you feedback until after you've completed the sale. 😉
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Private feedback

@stampingpaws wrote:

Why do some people have private feedback?

I have made a decision - I will never ever leave feedback for a buyer who has private feedback. I don't care if they buy lots of items, pay promptly, and leave glowing feeedback for me. No way!!!

What do others think?

There are some (or at least one) who will give a seller a neg for not leaving them feedback.

I leave feedback (generic) after I have posted. About the time I even look at the buyers' feedback, if I do.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Private feedback

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

As a buyer I couldn't care less if you leave me feedback or not but your numpty attitude probably shows it's self in other ways such as having more written in a listing about feedback than about the actual item you are selling so I wouldn't be buying anyway.

I assume this post refers to the OP and not Davewil !!!!!!

PJ, you really need to hit the reply button of the post you are replying to as it does give a wrong impression of WHO you are actually making a comment to when you hit the reply button of the most recent post even though you are commenting about an older post.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Private feedback

As you get older things get harder. Allegedly. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Private feedback

Not everything though (or so I've been reliably informed).
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply