Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

EDIT.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 81 of 323
Latest reply

Nightmare indeed, lm.  Makes you wonder what sort of systems and processes they have if it's even possible for that to happen.

Message 82 of 323
Latest reply

Completely agree. Fast way are horrible. My item has been sitting at their depot for 4 days now and it just cycles between "Your item will be delivered at the next available cycle" and "Your item is onboard with the delivery driver" yet it NEVER arrives. Multiple phone calls and 3 times they have told me "it will be delivered tomorrow". Someone should start a class action lawsuit.

Take note, if you're a seller who uses fastway, 1 day late and I'll give you a negative because it's your responsibility to choose a good courier.

Message 83 of 323
Latest reply

i think the fact they have 1.3 stars out of a possible 5 from 2184 reviews on productreview.com.au says it all Smiley LOL

Message 84 of 323
Latest reply

Sites like that are always going to feature mostly negative reviews though - who bothers taking to the internet to report an issue-free experience with a courier? It's only when you've been wronged that you go looking for a place to vent.
On the same site, Aus. Post only scores 1.6/5 stars from nearly 3000 reviews.
Qantas scores 2.3/5 from 700 reviews, yet are widely considered to be a world-class airline.

Message 85 of 323
Latest reply

anf1612
Community Member

Item posted 18th April from Egypt (under Aramex one and the same with Fastway), arrived into Fastway depot (Sydney) 28th April, I am still awaiting delivery... to Hobart. Apparently they will not deliver to PO boxes! They did not tell anyone of this and had it for over 3 weeks until I started to follow it up.... their attitude towards the whole issue has been appalling!!

Would never use them again!!

Hopefully I get my delivery soon....

Message 86 of 323
Latest reply

Startrak is the only courier that delivers to PO Boxes. Because they are owned by AP.

Although not ringing you is a bit rude. I get stuff through Fedex and they always ring me when it gets to the depot. Then I go and pick it up.

Edit: And just because it's been moved to an almost appropriate board, this thread is still many years old.

Message 87 of 323
Latest reply

I won't buy from sellers who use so called fastway, over 2 weeks to get a package delivered from Tasmania to Echuca! 1 week in Bendigo depot, 75 kms away with daily truck to Echuca, JOKE... Fastway 

Message 88 of 323
Latest reply

Never ending problems with this company, not just ebay but everything they deliver. I am in the process of not ordering anything form people who use tham as i not sure i will ever recieve my goods 

Message 89 of 323
Latest reply

Fastway are indeed the worst couriers. I have had 4 deliverys from them in the last year, all have arrived while I have been at work, and all have taken over a week for re-delivery.

The current package was delivered on the 4th, but nobody was available to accept the parcel. Fair enough. The calling card had a name and a mobile number to contact. The mobile did not answer so I SMS'd advising package number, address and that the calling card with authority to leave had been filled out and left, please re-deliver. Nothing happened over the next few days, so I took another look and this time filled out the redelivery request on the fastway web site. Its now been another week and nothing. No call, no information, no re-delivery attempt.

I called the Adelaide depot and spoke to a reporesentative who was polite and friendly and can re-print the ticket out with the redelivery instructions highlighted and leave it for the courier. But being Friday there is no chance i'll get it before another weekend passes. They advise I can collect from the depot, but they are not open outside of business days or later than 4pm and not open Saturday morning (which I could have done). So, I continue to cross my fingers and wait.

This is pretty typical. If the depot was open until midday on Saturdays at least we would have a fighting chance. Australia post LPOs are open at this time, as are all other couriers I have received packages from. The poor re-delivery service combined with the depots very limited open hours means another parcel is more than 10 days late after the first delivery attempt occurred.

If you are a seller, do not use fastway! If you are a customer and want timely service hope your package is sent via Australia post or a better courier.

Message 90 of 323
Latest reply