Refund question

kiya777
Community Member

This is just a hypothetical question (I am new to selling) if a buyer wanted a refund (for whatever reason) and I agree, can we settle this privately or do we have to open a dispute?

ie: I can just refund the money no 3rd party involvment?

Also when refunding (assuming they paid through paypal) would I just refund in the "issue refund" section in paypal where their payment is listed?

I don't care how it's done really, I am just wondering what the actual and correct process is .

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Refund question

redbook3
Community Member

It's as easy as that if you want it to be ;-)

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Refund question

kiya777
Community Member

Ok , cool, thanks, just trying to get my head around all of this...side note: I just sold something and 9 minutes after is sold the buyer asks if the jacket will fit her? I would of thought she would of asked me before she bidded not once she won the item? Weird lol.....anyway....

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Refund question

The buyer should have asked before she bid, but many dont.

Re your original question, it can be simple if all parties are willing to cooperate. If a buyer opens a dispute it will close automatically if you refund the payment.

Always refund the same way the buyer paid, so yes, use the refund link in Paypal if they paid that way. (never use Paypal to "pay" a refund to a buyers Paypal a/c)

Integrity is priceless.
“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating”. Sophocles
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Refund question

If you are worried about the buyer of the jacket then if she claims does not fit and wants a refund tell her you will refund on return of the item but will only refund the cost of the item not the postage as she should have asked prior to purchase about measurements.

If you are listing any more clothing put the measurements in the listing so the buyers will know if it will fit them.

XL means little as different makes are different sizes.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Refund question

kiya777
Community Member

Ok thanks, where it says "issue refund" once you click it will it let you issue part refunds as well or is it always (by default) a full refund?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Refund question

kiya777
Community Member

Well I haven't sent the jacket yet as she hasn't paid .....I realize that XL can mean anything but I did say it was a "snug fit" but still if she had any concerns , she should of asked before bidding....we'll see what happens.....

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Refund question

You should always give full measurements in your listings not just sizes, which can vary from brand to brand and mean very little.

Yes you can issue a full or part refund using the link in Paypal.

Integrity is priceless.
“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating”. Sophocles
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Refund question

If the buyer hasn't paid yet, and she is agreeable (as she no doubt will be) you can send a mutual cancellation request, this way no one gets affected in a negative way, and you will get your fvf refunded from ebay.;-)

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Refund question

An XL in say for example Supre,is about a SZ 10/12 & other brands are even smaller so if buyer is sz 18/20,they are going to be one possed off cake tin.JMHO

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply