Regarding fees

I plan to sell mostly tech products. Is my current understanding right so far in that there is generally a 10-15% total in fees between ebay (which includes gst, listing fee etc) and paypal? Any helpful info/responses are appreciated thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Regarding fees

10.9% final value fee on total invoice. (Includes postage)

Listing fees if you don't have freebies.

PayPal fees 2.6% plus 30c (From memory)

Fees - https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/fees.html

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Regarding fees

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Regarding fees

Plus the GST fee on the fees paid to ebay

Hence the name feebay 🙂

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Regarding fees

The GST charged on all of eBays fees are 10% for AU or 15% for NZ based sellers, and have been since September 2016.

Just doing our bit to save the world from humans
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Regarding fees

@*sparklz* wrote:

Plus the GST fee on the fees paid to ebay

Hence the name feebay 🙂

The 10.9% includes GST. 

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Regarding fees

I often wonder if eBay Australia is the most expensive "flavour" of eBay in the entire world. I seriously doubt any other country pays the equivalent of A$1.65 (or even $1.50 if you do take off the GST) to list a single item once their free listings have run out.

What was it in the US again, 30 cents per listing after you have used up the 50 (not 40) free listings? ebay.com decided to hide their fees from outsiders so they wouldn't be driven away with fright. Last time I checked the AUD was not 18 US cents.

eBay UK is fairly stingy with listings though, they give out a paltry 20 listings a month and charge 35p afterwards. Listings aside however, the AUD is not 20p to the pound sterling. They can't pull that carp about Australia being a sparse country with a tiny population that could fit entirely in Tasmania when the prices are five times other main English-speaking eBay websites. The UK isn't exactly huge or with the population of the US either.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply