Relisting fee $3.50?

Can anyone clarify what seems to me to be an anomaly in my recent listing/insertion fees.

Ok, I am not a store owner and I list my items as Buy It Now.

Just recently (in last 4-5 days) when I have gone to relist, I notice I am being told I will be charged $3.50 per item relisted.

When I phoned and EVENTUALLY got customer service, and after lots of "ums" and "errs" I was told told $3.50 is the normal charge if relisting item (BIN) if in multiples.  I may be wrong but that doesnt sound right. 

I have always relisted, BIN, in multiples of 10 and only been charge $1.50 per relisting (100's of times over the last 4 or 5 invoices)

Sooo, my question is...... have I been lucky in the past with the $1.50 relisting fee?....and is $3.50 the real charge for relisting (Buy It Now) in multiples of 10?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Relisting fee $3.50?

It would depend on what the individual BIN price and total value available is, and whether you've used all of your free listings...

$3.50 is the instertion fee for items starting over $100, and BINs are calculated as a start price for the total value (eg 10 x items available @$15.00 = $150.00, so a $3.50 insertion fee).

I can't see any BIN prices that you have over $10, so if the quantity for them is 10 or under, it should only be a $1.50 insertion fee, and that's only if your free listings have been used (it doesn't matter if it's a new listing or re-list, if it's within the first 40, it should be free).

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Relisting fee $3.50?

Thanks for that D.G.

Yep, as you noted my highest single BIN is $9.95 and highest multiple is 10...therefore $99.50 which is just under that magical $100 line.

OK...Customer Service is going to look into it and let me know outcome via email.

*random free listing invite* as an apology would be nice but I'm not holding my breath on that happening

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Relisting fee $3.50?

Subtitles cost $2.00.

You haven't accidentally put something in the subtitle field have you?

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Relisting fee $3.50?

Or listed in multiple categories - I've done that a few times ...
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Relisting fee $3.50?

Nope
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Relisting fee $3.50?

No...just the one category
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Relisting fee $3.50?

FYI.....the promised email came thru which reads (in part)...

"Thanks for contacting us about your queries to your eBay insertion fees for these two items #******** and #*********. I’m happy to explain this for you.

I have checked this for you and have found out that they may be a possible glitch Man Surprised on our system for this particular listings.

This has already been reported to our technical team and hoping to hear from them soon this coming next 48 – 72 hrs. Rest assured that we will give you update immediately as soon as we get a response from them.

Your understanding to this matter is much appreciated and thanks for doing business with us."

Now to see if I actually do get a rebate/credit

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Relisting fee $3.50?

It will be interesting to see what their response is.

I just did a quick search on your items and even though your highest priced item is $9.95, there is one that comes up in a search for $10+. There are two others that also come up in a search for $9.96+.

Very odd.

And this shows just how useless the new search is. In an all Categories search for that item there are 0 results found!

snip1311.JPG

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Relisting fee $3.50?

@redgum49 wrote:

I have always relisted, BIN, in multiples of 10 and only been charge $1.50 per relisting (100's of times over the last 4 or 5 invoices)

If you're paying relisting fees each month you may save on fees by subscribing to a store. The basic store is $19.95 and includes up to 80 free BIN listings per month. You would be able to list for up to 30 days or Good til Cancelled and pay lower FVFs.

You can do a comparison to see if you'd make any savings:

http://www.fees.ebay.com.au/feeweb/feeillustrator

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply