Sales Stopped

Just wondering if other sellers are finding that Sales have just stopped, it's like everything has been turned off, just seems strange or is it the time of year things seem to stop ??

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Sales Stopped

Yes. I have three selling accounts and they all went to sleep on the 7th of May with terrible sales for the next week to ten days. I checked a couple of my competitors and they where having similar issues. Things are starting to improve now, but still not back to normal. I suspect one of the programmers at ebay pressed the wrong button when doing one of the constant changes to the site and broke the search system or something similar.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Sales Stopped

I had this happen recently. It literally went dead for 6-7 days.

It also happened earlier this year around March/April - sales dropped right down for about 3 weeks.

My international sales are absolutely non-existent, even though I'm getting them regularly on another site I sell on.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Sales Stopped

Going by the lack of replies my guess it is only a few are down as I heard mention on the news recently retail spending was up. I just can't remember if it was both online and bricks & mortar or just one.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Sales Stopped

a) Same here very quiet bordering on deathly... thinking of taking 2 weeks holiday.  Everyone else has gone north, so might as well join them.

b) We switch to 'Mangled Payments' tomorrow and that brings anecdotal slow sales as many buyers have reported.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Sales Stopped

My numbers are down, but my profit is average. As is typical of eBay.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Sales Stopped

The only thing that slowed my sales on one account when it switched was I only had 8 listings otherwise there is no difference from what I have experienced. When I have bought something I have not noticed any listings appearing different to others that it would stop me buying from some sellers. 

The only thing that may be different if ebay had a promo code recently that ended which I find slows sales as everyone bought sooner than later.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Sales Stopped

I notice week to week numbers change but not so much month to month unless i have increased my listings.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Sales Stopped

i thought maybe it had something to do with the change / addition of new categories and all of my items being lumped into the wrong category automatically by ebay. i changed these items to the correct category - but because everyone else selling the same items was still in the category ebay had dumped them in, they were appearing better in search results. 

maybe just coincidence - but i found my sales died around the time that happened. ended up changing my items back to the incorrect category (where all the sellers of similar items had their listings) and found things picked up again slightly. 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply