Saved Drafts

Greetings Fellow Sellers,

I am not a natural typist, nor do I enjoy living in front of a screen. The nobs at ebay however seem to think most of us are glued to their stupid site and just lap it up.

Today I thought I would list one or two of my surplus hobby items. Once upon a time clicking on sell would take one to a familiar set of pages that contained a carefully saved and honed set of draft listings.

Not only has the pages all changed but try as I may there are no sign of my saved drafts??

Can anyone enlighten me. Has Ebay trashed them along with the old pages or is a "glitch"

I realise I can use "sell similar" off an old completed listing but I had a number of saved drafts that I don't necessarily use often enough to ensure that I can find it.

You would think Ebay could put their excessive charges to better use than stuffing up things that once worked well!

Anyhow thanks in anticipation for any help.

Cheers Irky

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Saved Drafts

Sorry, I called the saved pages Drafts, maybe I should have said templates!!

See not a natural keyboard jockey!!

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Saved Drafts

Once you select save to draft then any of those listings should appear in the drafts section.

If you select the all selling page you will see 'saved drafts' in the left margin.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Saved Drafts

Thanks Kope, But I meant saved templates.

Interestingly I listed two items using the sell similar function even though the fresh items were not very similar. And at the end I was asked to save as a template which I did.

Buggered if I can find these fresh templates though.

Pimply kids in baggy tee shirts with a laptop sitting in beanbags watching table tenis as they alter ebay code for more money that I can dream of!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Saved Drafts

Templates can be found in the Seller Hub, if you have a store. I don't think they are available otherwise.

Actual drafts disappear on the 15th of the month after the month they were created. So a max of 2 and a half months.

I personally have everything I list, or am going to list, on my computer. Descriptions in a notepad file (no extraneous, bloating code that way) and my pictures in other files.

WHEN I sell something the pics get deleted, the descriptions get saved to yet another file. That way if I get another item the same, or eBay stuff up, I can recreate a listing with little heartache.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Saved Drafts

Thanks Dave,

I had templates until today, I listed 2 weeks ago using them. Ebay gives me the runs!!

It really has me mystified, something seems to work well, like classic page, then along comes the new look, absolutely useless and hard to navigate. and now it takes multiple tries to get the classic page back, I suspect classic page will get deleted soon.

Anyone else lose their templates?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Saved Drafts

Classic page is on the way out for 'business' sellers. Only eBay's tame chimps know what the definition of that is.

Seller hub actually provides a lot more info. But most of it is surplus to my needs and doesn't appear on the one page. I use SH for some things, I am dreading the time when it is the only game in town.

I have, for example, found in the last few days that 'Sell' from the top of the page now goes to the idiot's guide to selling, with many more steps than the previous version. 'Create listing' from SH gives the previous version of starting a listing. Yet another 'improvement'.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Saved Drafts

All Selling was supposed to disappear for business sellers on 27th August so either they meant it'd happen "some time after that" or they didn't mean all store holders after all.

I clicked on the sell link too and really cannot see how it's an improvement!! That page would scare any new seller off completely.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply