Sending a computer via post

Hey just wondering what protection I get sending a computer via post? If it gets damaged during delivery will insurance cover the cost and what is covered/isn't covered. Bit worried about being scammed or it getting damaged in post and just want to know that I'm not going to end up empty handed.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Insurance will only cover damage if the carrier deems it was packed to their standards. Which with AP means being able to withstand 22kg being dropped on it from waist height.

Used computers are fraught. There are too many ways a scammer can claim not as described. As you are new to selling, the scammers will be out in force for that sort of item. There will also be a 21 day hold, by Paypal, on your funds, so you would have to pay the postage out of your pocket. 

I would be looking to list with pickup only, preferably cash on receipt.

Given your misgivings at this stage, it would certainly be better for your mental health.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As davewil has pointed out above, selling used computers on eBay is fraught with risk. Unless you're familiar with all the ways a buyer might try to scam you, stick with cash on pickup, and you might find there are other selling sites that facilitate this a little better (and cheaper) than eBay.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply