Shipping options

I was in the middle of scheduling a fairly large number of CDs when I found that the shipping options which had been available for years had disappeared. Previously I was able to specify a flat rate of $4 for CDs posted within Australia and rates based on weight and dimensions for CDs shipped overseas. With the latter I just had to enter the weight and dimensions. eBay calculated the appropriate rate. What do I do now? Do I have to manually create rate tables for various postal zones as I have done on Discogs? If so, this is a backwards step.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Shipping options

Further to the above. I have just discovered that items I have had listed for several months now only show the domestic shipping cost, there is no mention of international shipping. I am afraid that all my previously listed items (and there are a lot!) are no longer available to overseas buyers. 

I have two eBay accounts and this problem only applies to one of them.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I just checked one of my flat rate listings and I can add international calculated.

Have you checked on the left on the listing page there is an option box in the postage section to turn international on or off. It is called "select postage options" and menu will drop down.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I will check that. I just listed a CD as a test and found that, although there was no place to specify international shipping costs, when I looked at my new listing I found that it did, in fact, show international shipping. I will look into it further.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I just had a look at one of your items, and I get the option to select a calculated shipping option overseas.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Very strange. I looked at one of my listed items with a view to editing it and the input form didn't have provision for me to edit international postage, in fact it didn't indicate whether the shipping was domestic or international. As I said earlier, however, the actual listing does allow a buyer to enter his country and see what the shipping cost is.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Had you been listing using Sell Similar? There was a problem (a few months ago?) where if using Sell Similar with an item that originally did not have International Shipping, the International Post option button did not show. This is now fixed but what has not come back is the Handling Cost option for Calculated International Shipping. I add $3 to cover costs for the more expensive International Shipping so I have to use an old listing that still has that option for Sell Similar. (Saved as a Listing Template).

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

No, I haven't been using Sell Similar.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply