Showing different postage for different countries

I currently sell vinyl records to local and overseas buyers. My practice has been to show a standard postage rate ($21) fdor all overseas sales. Most Europeran countries attract this rate, however there are some (e.g. Austria and Greece which cost more and there are countries which cost less (e.g. Japan and the US). Is it difficult to show different rates for different countries without having to show the rate for each country? This morning I posted a record to Mexico which cost me $26 after I had charged the buyer $21.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you want to use flat rate options, you just need to add a new option for each country you want to specify, but you mostly do it by region rather than individual countries (you have to for Europe, anyway, which has the higher postage costs). 

In the international postage section, after selecting flat rate, select "Choose custom location" in the post-to menu, select the region, postage service and cost. 

Once you've completed that section, there will be a link that says "offer another service". If you click that, you get a new section to select either the rest of the world, or another custom location (custom locations are recommended for the UK and the US, in terms of visibility on the respective sites. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can pick the Calculate postage option and enter the correct weight and dimensions of the item in the listing. Ebay usually calculates it well enough. Not perfect, but good enough.

Don't forget to put in extra cms and weight to account for the packaging.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If you want to use flat rate options, you just need to add a new option for each country you want to specify, but you mostly do it by region rather than individual countries (you have to for Europe, anyway, which has the higher postage costs). 

In the international postage section, after selecting flat rate, select "Choose custom location" in the post-to menu, select the region, postage service and cost. 

Once you've completed that section, there will be a link that says "offer another service". If you click that, you get a new section to select either the rest of the world, or another custom location (custom locations are recommended for the UK and the US, in terms of visibility on the respective sites. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have always been a bit nervous about calculated postage but after testing it I find that is reasonably (though not exactly) accurate. I can edit my templates easily enough but can I do a bulk edit of my 10+ scheduled items?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Another question: does the postage cost eBay has calculated automatically appear on the invoice?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply