What is going on with feedback?

Selling and Buying

Seriously, what is going on with feedback with both buyers and sellers??

I am not getting feedback from buyers (but no complaints) and all my goods are in first-class condition!

I am not getting feedback from sellers when I purchase items (and I have no complaints) and they take their time posting - something I am very diligent about - rushing to the post office to get goods to buyers, for absolutely no thanks!!

Is anyone else experiencing problems with feedback because I am at a stage where I am finding it pointless selling or buying on ebay for a "pointless" system!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: What is going on with feedback?

Putting aside the arguments about whether feedback is voluntary or worthwhile for a moment. There has been a decline in feedback being left, by buyers in particular. I think this is a site format thing. I know I often forget or it is delayed more, which I put down to not as freindly editing of my purchase page so items that are still awaiting fb get lost amongst those that aren't. I used to leave it then bulk delete from list Leaving only items still pending delivery and fb. You can still do this but it is not as obvious.

Also I think the rise in use of mobile aps use means buyers do the least steps as possible, including not clicking on full description. This also leads to them not checking FB before buying..ie impulse buying & skimming the process.

I think this is why Ebay are moving towards auto defecting rather than buyer opinion based defecting.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

" ........ and they take their time posting - something I am very diligent about - rushing to the post office to get goods to buyers, for absolutely no thanks!! ..... "

Not everyone who sells on ebay, does it as their full-time job, so don't assume a seller will be able to send an item the moment they receive payment.  A lot of sellers include a few days "handling time" to cover ebay's outrageous delivery estimates AND to meet a buyer's expectations (important that a buyer reads the complete listing including the handling time).  Some sellers even have 10 days as their handling time, particularly if they hand make items or have a busy OTHER job.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Speaking of outrageous delivery estimates, I bought an item from India for my nephew for Christmas. I bought and paid for it on Sunday night. They posted it today (their handling time was 3 days, so no problems there). The delivery estimate is Nov 18 - Nov 24. Tomorrow is the 18th! There is no tracking number uploaded, so I'll probably get asked that stupid question when I go to leave feedback.

I've bought from this seller before and know there is no way on this earth it will be here tomorrow, let alone by the 24th. So, if the question does appear, I'll be ticking yes regardless. Sadly, there would be plenty of buyers who would automatically click no, even though those estimate times are completely outrageous.

Sellers need to be more concerned about these question these days, rather than feedback in general.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

The suggestion has been made by several posters that we include a note with all untracked deliveries.

I'm very seriously considering this as it appears ebay reserve the right to force tracking upon us and the percentage late requirement seems to be set very low.

This could very easilly be a stealth FVF increase in the making and possibly even an attempt to get cheaper items off the site altogether.

As far as I'm concerned, it would actually work out well for me if the system was applied even handedly.

My biggest competitiors in books are the large pommie sellers who get spectacular rates from Royal Mail.

(they can ship from England to Aus cheaper than I can ship to myself but parcels are not tracked).

I somehow don't think eBay will be hitting these guys over the head and forcing them to track their parcels.

A little while ago there was talk of making anchor stores pay for listings in excess of 50,000 items.

(some of these big booksellers have over 1,000,000 listings and for $500 anchor fees that costs nothing)

That idea was very quickly canned.

I've never accused eBay of being evenhanded and I don't intend to start now.

One rule for the big boys and another for us.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

i got the same sort of message from a buyer the other day stating that they recieved the item and thanking me for doing so much work chasing it up with aus post , did they leave feedback NO... do i care that they didnt leave feeback NO..they got their item and are happy with it thats all i care about.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Feedback isn't important to a lot of buyers cos they know if there is a problem with their purchase ebay will cover their **bleep** anyway.
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Agree with you 100%.  Firstly, I believe it's good manners to leave feedback, and receiving feedback is important to me as I am building a reputation as someone who is good to deal with.  Only takes a few seconds.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

I send out terrific items, and bend end over backwards for the customer,  and 50 - 60 % of the time a buyer won't leave feedback.

Some buyers i agree are too busy to do follow up administration and leave feedback,  

but 50% of buyers are not leaving feednack,  

because saying something 'POSITIVE'  requires to much work and effort i guess. 

People just keep on gobbling and gobbling,  and have no time ,

to talk postive talk,   or leave postive feedback.

People are serving money,  and material possesions these days.   But yet ,  they'll still never be happy in tehmselves   🙂

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Are you selling goods or buying feedback?

You certainly have enough to be considered reputable. The only time it will make a difference if you get hit with negs. Defects go on transactions, not feedback, so you are clear there.

No feedback is a de facto positive these days.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply