What is wrong with e-bay?

Since the beginning of may continuous changes on the opening pages .totally confusing .Why fix something ,if it isn,t broken and it works? Since this morning i cannot access my normal opening pages ,instead there are a number of choices.when i press these I get an opening page with only 5 pages of listings instead of 44.it goes on  foreever.apart from having very few if any sales the ones I get are people who do not pay.It appears to me e-bay is determined to get rid of me .i pay my fees, i always try to do tyhe right thing WHY? WHY? WHY?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I don't understand what you mean by 5 pages etc but may I just say that you have absolutely exceptional feedback that may sellers would kill for lol so you should be very proud of yourself.:-x

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for your kind words,I do try to do the right thing with all my customers..It appears that my listing pages change continuously, now I have 50 listings each on 9 pages.e-bay designers seem to play with my pages .Yesterday I could see how many people accessed my pages , today it has all diappeared again.Mayby I find it hard to adjust to socalled progress.I fully understand that it is e-bays business ,who allow us to participate on their terms,

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

As a buyer, I feel no need to be 'thankful' to ebay

Instead, it's my opinion ebay should be thankful towards both buyers and sellers

No buyers/sellers -------------------- NO EBAY !

So again in my opinion, ebay needs to REMEMBER that it is merely a MIDDLE MAN

which makes money for very little

Ebay has NO stock to offer.  Ebay floats on the backs of seller and buyers

As such, ebay should show FAR more consideration to those who provide it a profit

As a buyer, ebay is a PAIN

Ebay appears to believe it is commercial tv

with the emphasis on COMMERCIALS !

Ebay takes its own sweet time before releasing you to the page you've nominated

and while you suffer the imposed wait

ebay plays COMMERCIALS at you

So guess what, ebay -------------- I CLOSE MY EYES

and, ebay, when you keep me waiting too damn long ----  I LOG OUT

how's them apples ?

But, ebay --- while you are making thousands of people switch off each day --- are you providing what sellers are PAYING YOU FOR ?

Think about that

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

no ebay

no you

think aboud it

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Your words have a lot of truth to it.Unfortunatly e-bay is in a take it or leave it position.even if you go to the so called opposition e-bay owns them ,and if an opposition gets too big they buy them out ,just like all large global corporation .the end result is perceived competeition.what I do not understand -after trading on e-bay for some time with approx 2000 sales -unfortunatly feedback does not tell the true story and relatively good sales my sales have virtuatly disappeared since last month .When I relist now ,no contacts appear on my listings for some time ,which means my site gets no exposure for some time .I believe as some people have suggested e-bay has eliminated a large number of servers,although they still charge us for this .now they have come up with this stupid no listing charge idea.I would rather pay the listing fee, than have no exposure and make some sales .I do not understand the reasoning .To run any business costs money and i do not complain about the fees new or old .All i want is proper exposure to potential customers , which i had in the past with good sales I do not believe my stock has over night lost all its value .There is something seriously wrong.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I've buy much more elsewhere now. eBay has become way too expensive and there are hardly any auctions to speak of only high priced Buy it Nows due to high fees. If I see a product that I can't get at another auction site I check the seller's website and BINGO - the item has always been cheaper. eBay has made a monumental blunder since May 1 this year.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

In fairness to e-bay i must confess the recent changes on the pages have confused me.there is an improvement to how you can open the pages up to 100 listings.i think it is an age thing and i must get used to this.as far as e-bay getting expenssive i do not think that is the problem.if you want something you pay for it. Trying to steal items is a stupid idea.i still get confused ,why people wait till the last minute to buy something.If thet want a coffee they go and buy it and dion. t care about the cost .they happily pay $ 4.00 for a coffee that costs 0.50 to make and don't tell the shopkeeper he is too dear.i feel that e-bay needs to employ more servers ,not less to cover the customer base and service the sellers.i have no problem with e-bays costs as long as i get sales..

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I agree, well said.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Now I can't get a grid view to make the experience quicker, and often there are no pics half way down the page!

HUH? Is this progress or being nasty to some sellers . Have heard that they even put their percentage on postage for an item.

Goodbye ebay!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply