delivering

aussol_52
Community Member

It shows here the item that I've sent to a buyer is still in transit since 4th August whereas it had been delivered according to the Star Track website on 5th August !!!! what is the problem?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

delivering

The eBay tracking is not accurate. It is often delayed and sometimes it never updates. I have items on my list of purchases that were delivered a long time ago and were never marked as delivered on eBay. Always check the tracking on the courier's website.

(PS: I think AP means Australia Post.)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

delivering

Obviously it isn't accurate in the sellers dashboard

I use AP,  And if I want accurate tracking data I contact the post office involved, their system is better than their website tracking tool as well.

Hands on sort of thing. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

delivering

Thanks mate  but could you please tell me what does AP mean? 
which is not accurate eBay or post office? 

Thank you 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

delivering

The eBay tracking is not accurate. It is often delayed and sometimes it never updates. I have items on my list of purchases that were delivered a long time ago and were never marked as delivered on eBay. Always check the tracking on the courier's website.

(PS: I think AP means Australia Post.)

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

delivering

So in this case how long the money will be hold on till I get it in your opinion?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

delivering

I am not a seller, so I am not sure. Hopefully others will know from experience.

I think I have read here that if the buyer leaves feedback they also release the money.

You could always contact eBay via live chat and show them the actual tracking on the courier's website to prove the item has been delivered.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

delivering

@aussol_52 wrote:

Thanks mate  but could you please tell me what does AP mean? 
which is not accurate eBay or post office? 

Thank you 

AP = Australia Post

Neither are accurate

APs in house tracking system is though, but their website tracking tool isn't

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

delivering

@aussol_52 wrote:

So in this case how long the money will be hold on till I get it in your opinion?

Once ebay gets the go ahead that it's been delivered, then it takes 2-3 days for it to process to your bank account.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply