eBay Listing Removed: Duplicate listing

I have just had my first 'supposedly' duplicate listing removed.

As I have just listed a number of items in ladies underwear,  I want to make sure I'm not going to get hit with more duplicate listing violations.

I have chosen to do individual BIN listings for each size instead of a multi variant listing.

I accidently duplicated a listing but changed the sizing details within 2 minutes of listing it but now 1-1/2hours later, ebay has removed.

Is this where I went wrong? Should I have cancelled and started again.

The only differences in my listings is the size in the heading and the description. Is this not allowed.???

Next question....how will I be penalised for having a duplicate listing violation?

TIA

Susan

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Just saying it looks wrong. To me, as a buyer, it just looks like a lazy seller trying to take shortcuts, even though i know it takes a bit of work to list, a new buyer would not and probably think the same.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

I called ebay twic today to talked about what is duplicate listing?

2 customer can not explain about that clearly.

WE sell reflectors for car and bike use. one listing for 10pcs red round refelctros, one listing for 10pcs white reflectors.

In my view these are not duplictate listing. Does red and white same color? 100% not same color.

but ebay said they are duplicate listing. we listed these times since 2014

There is no variation option at all! ebay ask us to remove the current listing. List new ones with variation!

WE selling about 1000 porduts! some of them with the samiliar condition. How can we chang them?

how much work we should do!

When we list new ones. one buyer buy the new listing without any selling history.

It is really bad. 

I will call ebay everyday to discuss this policy.

Hope ebay will give up this as last month ( MPN request)

ebay makes many sellers struggling from last year.  

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I don't know if eBay's conditions have changed in the last FIVE years, but I suspect so.

Spoiler
So much for Michelloz locking old threads Smiley Mad
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

i called ebay. ebay replied: different sizes is duplicated listing.

We selling g clamps. 

I told them, 2" 4" 6" 8 " 10" g clamps are different! Totally different.

But ebay said we must remove current individule listing, then change them to one listing with variation.

But some 

Categories doese not allow varation at all! 

it is hard to set up postage and price. Weight and pakcage are much different!

Who cares for sellers benefit! who cares for our selling history and rank!

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

What would you like us board members to do? We are not eBay, you know.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

You're the only one concerned with history. I couldn't give a hoot what history is on the item. If I want it, I'll buy it. There are plenty of other buyers who couldn't care less about history. If you have good feedback, that's what buyers are going to take notice of.

Next time, start a new thread.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

ebay removed 1 of my listing by mistake. ebay said that was ebay system error. but they can not fix that. I have to relist. After relist, only 4 sold in 3 weeks. 

My old listing with over 100 sold history and good search rank. 

before relisted, at least 1 order each day. That is very big difference. 

Many buyer care about the selling history. 

Search rank is very important. But if you list a new one. It is not on the frist page of " best match" searching list page

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I reiterate -

What do you want us board members to do? Give you advice? Your numbers would expect you know what you're doing. Commiserate? Ain't gonna happen when you drag up old threads.

That pretty much exhausts the possibilities.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply