ebay and paypal hold on money

Hello,  Ebay and Paypal have placed holds on all my money for up to 21 days or sometimes more which is making it impossible for me to send my items I sold off in time because I am on a disability Pension which means I dont have spare money for postage.  I also cannot pay my Ebay fees which are due and cant refund a customer who says one of my videos I sent does not work,  

I do not see what right they have to put this money on hold and make it impossible to send the items off.  I have contacted an apparent ebay supervisor and got absolutely nowhere.  In what world does a person have a sale and be expected to be able to send off an item within 2 business days without the money from the sale.  They even told me i should just shut my account and find another selling carriage to sell but they have monopolized it all and made it so they are basically one of the only places to sell items like I have for sale.  I am getting absolutely nowhere and have bad anxiety with this.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

If you're selling enough to make postage cost an issue, then you can't be doing too badly. Use eBay's label system. The cost for that is billed monthly with your fees. Including the $27.45 (or more) for your store.

I am not sure what you claiming to be on a disability pension has to do with anything. You are certainly not Robinson Crusoe.

eBay will relax the hold when you have achieved enough sales/feedback to prove you are dinkum. In the meantime, if your items' tracking shows delivered, ring eBay and they should instruct Paypal to release the funds.

If you are waiting for the money to be released before you post, you will have many unhappy buyers and probably a very short eBay selling career. The buyers have paid, so they expect to get their items within your advertised time, not 3 weeks later.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

you got obvious no idea what you are talking about.  Keep your comments to yourself

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

I have every idea of what I'm talking about.

You asked a question. I answered it and provided some options to resolve your issues. Whether you choose to take my suggestions is entirely up to you.

These boards are public boards. By posting on them you invite EVERY member to comment, so, no, I won't keep my comments to myself.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

I have approx 1 sale every 2 days so how on earth if i dont have money would i be able to cover postage fees if they hold all the money from my sale... yes a disability pension has everything to do with this matter as it leaves me with no extra money to cover the postage if they put a 21 day hold on the money. If you can't see what im saying then please dont reply with useless judgemental information thank you
Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

@hawkajames wrote:

you got obvious no idea what you are talking about.  Keep your comments to yourself

dave happens to be a very experienced seller on a couple of other ID's and most certainly does know what he's talking about.

If you can't afford $4.25 perday in postage (since you claim to sell 1 item every 2 days) and are unlikely to be able to pay your eBay fees, then eBay will more than likely either drastically restrict your listings or shut you down completely.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

As mentioned above if you use the ebay postage service it will bill you at the end of each month and then require payment by the 15th of the following month allowing you to post the items and pay later. Plus I would think ebay may release funds to pay them if needed when the fees are due.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

hawkajames, you're not going to get any sympathy from the forum if you disparage those who are trying to help you.

Telling the forum that you're on a disability pension is absolutely going to rile people up - guaranteed.

Many contributors have other ID's which have thousands of sales on them and are more experienced that you realise.

Sellers like yourself who may not have sold for a while (for example), have a 21 day hold on their account until such time as they bulld back their "reputation" with sales, prompt tracked delivery etc. Ebay moves the goalposts regularly, it's up to us as sellers to stay in touch with whatever the current requirements are.

This is Ebay's playground, they can do anything they like and impose any rule they like. Nobody is forcing you to sell here, you can try Gumtree for free and see if you get better results.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

$8.50 differnt to $4.25  been selling since year 2001 approx so not new to this and have plenty of experience as a seller on a different site which I use to share with my friend that has recently passed away  two411 is the account with well over 3000 sales

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

not trying to gain sympathy for being on disability pension just found the first post back to me to be quiet rude

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply