ebay and paypal hold on money

Hello,  Ebay and Paypal have placed holds on all my money for up to 21 days or sometimes more which is making it impossible for me to send my items I sold off in time because I am on a disability Pension which means I dont have spare money for postage.  I also cannot pay my Ebay fees which are due and cant refund a customer who says one of my videos I sent does not work,  

I do not see what right they have to put this money on hold and make it impossible to send the items off.  I have contacted an apparent ebay supervisor and got absolutely nowhere.  In what world does a person have a sale and be expected to be able to send off an item within 2 business days without the money from the sale.  They even told me i should just shut my account and find another selling carriage to sell but they have monopolized it all and made it so they are basically one of the only places to sell items like I have for sale.  I am getting absolutely nowhere and have bad anxiety with this.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

If you are selling so much then you should have enough to hold back for postage until the money is released. Sounds like you need to work on your processes. Having a little in the bank to cover these things is a good strategy.

People are a bit miffed at you trying the disability card because others here are also on disability pensions and still manage to buy and sell without having to mention it - 'poor me' just doesn't cut it on here.

If you are polite and ask for advice and help you will get it on these boards, but you have to be in a mind to take it on board even if it goes against your world view.

Latest reply

The best way and easiest way not to have the 21 day hold is to make sure that when you sell you don't leave it for more than 90 days between your sales because this is the cut off time frame that ebay class you as a new seller even if you have been selling for years and years.

I've noticed your sales record and you should be ok and not have any payments on hold after the 12/8/18.

But remember if you're going to sell on a regular basis then make sure it's not after 90 days without a sale. 

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

Thank you for your information,  yours has been the most helpful here.  I think I have worded it wrong at the start because people are just thinking I am talking about being on a Pension.  I am just finding it difficult as I was so use to having the money always come across straight away and being able to post straight away.  I usually have enough money to cover the post in the first week but money becoomes tighter in the second week.

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Crow seems to have hit this one on the head.

You will just have to wait it out until your feedback over the qualifying

period reaches the level ebay has probably advised you of.

Just jumping on the board and saying ebay/PayPal are withholding

your funds didn't provide us with enough clues to help you initially.

Ebay/PayPal have these rules in place to prevent hit and run sellers.

The honest get caught in the same net as the criminals.

Aint'it the way ?

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just made up a new word...lol

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

You should listen to all the good advice that members are trying to give you without putting them down.  You are well off compared to some in the community, and they are not on here looking for sympathy. No one on here cares about anyone else's financial postition, except for those who are worse off and they wonder why you are complaining.

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

c_mount
Community Member
Mate, just refund the money and explain to the buy the score. Show them a screenshot of the scam Paypal are screwing new sellers with.
The 21 day hold is nothing but a fckng joke.
Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

BRAVO!!!!
Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

There is a very protective CLIQUE on these boards that somehow get special protection from the mods. They can shoot you down and if you report them, nothing gets done, but if you say anything against them, expect the riot act....totally BS
Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

lmfao
Message 20 of 33
Latest reply