experienced scammer

buyer sent me an 'ebay complaint' demanding a refund for what she claims was item not as described, I offered her a full refund including postage on return of items, buyer refused  because she wanted to keep items as well as get a refund

when it didn't happen she left me negative feed back

note this buyer didn't put in a paypal dispute knowing she would have to return items to get a refund,her account has only a few feedback (second account) and mailing address is her work place 

I have reported her to ebay and want to know what other action can be taken against this experienced scammer before she does this to some one else

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: experienced scammer

super-nova wrote:

Obviously, they are not crystal, are they?

There is a big difference between crystal clear and clear crystal.

Maybe you should have worded it correctly however it’s a bit rich to want a refund AND keep the item over a misteach in wording!

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

last post was for super nova who seems to think buyer was being factual, how would you know?

because if they were crystal they would not be 20 for $10, more like $15 - $20 per piece.  To list them as crystal is just like listing vinyl bag as leather.

The problem is that the buyer did not say in the FB :  "the seller refused to refund and let me keep the item"  they said "the item is not as described, it is not crystal", which cannot be disputed.

I am not defending the buyer, they should have known they are not crystal, and if they want to keep them they cannot ask for refund.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Why would ebay remove the feedback if the buyer was telling the truth, at those prices presumably they were.

You say you offered to pay for return postage but how were you going to do so, were you prepared to pay the money up front or send them self addressed, pre paid packaging for them to send them in? If not then why would they believe you would cover the cost after they returned when you lied in the listing?

If I had wrongly described something for such a low value I would just have refunded and told them to keep it, it would not be worth the time and cost of getting it back and re lising.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

thank you crystal experts , now I know they were sold too cheap

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

by the way, they were auctioned starting price $10.00 and that is the bid that won the auction which has to be honoured whether you like the final bid or not

yes it sold too cheap not because they are not crystal but because no one else bid

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Or because no one else was silly enough to bid - depends on one's point of view I guess

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply