faulty item

Can somebody please advise me regarding an item I bought in May - a dash cam front & rear comera - the item is now faulty and doesnt work. I bought the correct sd card - the ones you should use for this kind of product. We have been in self isolation so havent used the car so I am not sure when it packed up.  I know it worked for a few months since I bought it so I guess it hasnt worked for 3 months.

I would appreciate some advise please.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: faulty item

If it's within180 days past sale date you could try a clain through Paypal's "resolution centre". If it's outside that then possibly a chargeback if you paid by credit card.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/go-to-the-resolution-centre-for-more-information-and-nex...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I just sent a lengthy text to the paypal assistant (I would have liked to talk to a real person but still) and told 'them' when I bought the item & that the rear camera didnt suit our station wagon and after many msgs the seller agreed to give me 10.00 to buy a swivel bracket to make the rear camera fit.  And like I said it worked for 2  months and then we self isolated for 3 months & hubby used the car yesterday & unfortunatley we needed to access the dash cam footage & there was nothing there.Neither the front nor rear camera work. We have tried all sorts of things but it wont work.  I did send the seller a msg but he hasnt come back to me.  I guess we have done our dash? 

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

@dede550_1 wrote:

I guess we have done our dash? 

Is it past the 180 days since the sale date ?

Just to add, if you can/do open a Paypal dispute you need to activate the "limited return poatage offer" before you open it.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

thank you for your reply.  No it is 5 months since we bought it bought 8th May 2020.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

@dede550_1 wrote:

thank you for your reply.  No it is 5 months since we bought it bought 8th May 2020.

In that case go through the 2 links I've given you and open a dispute with Paypal AFTER activating the "limited return postage offer"

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

As padi said, open a PayPal dispute once you have activated the return postage coverage.

But... keep it simple. Do not try to explain the whole backstory. You should make sure that it’s straightforward, concise, focused. The item is not working. It is not as described. You wish to return it for a full refund. Fin. Don’t include extraneous and irrelevant detail.

(I am unequivocally the ideal person on these boards to advise on the subject of brevity. Yes?)

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

(I am unequivocally the ideal person on these boards to advise on the subject of brevity. Yes?)

ATM countess ATM...................original.gif

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

OK Im being a real OAP here. Do I click on that link you gave me the one that says webapp/mpps/returns? I dont have a mobile phone (I see apps & thinking that is to do with a mobile? )
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Activate the free returns - https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Then open a case for INAD.

image host
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply