has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales now

I sell on another id and have been a seller for 10 years and have experienced a huge downturn from $500 to $800 a week to now zero this week, buyers are scarce even watchers, ebay is useless in finding why, just says sellers are dependant on buyers-what if they have dissapeared like here? I am only giving it another few weeks to show something is happening beyond my control & will not have any money to pay ebay for my store and listers, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 187
Latest reply
186 REPLIES 186

has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales now

Ok thanks I thought so 

Message 51 of 187
Latest reply

Yes, same is happening with me.  Slow since end of December last year and almost nothing since.  I know that traditionally January and February are a little slow, people paying off their credit cards and such, but wondering how long I can sustain this.  I'm not greedy, but before the end of last year, I was selling on average between 5 or 6 items! Now I've sold 2 items in the last 4 weeks!!! I've even opened a Gumtree account as I'm getting really desperate now.  Someone please give us all some hope that this non existent selling period is coming to an end?

Message 52 of 187
Latest reply

We might all need to go and get a real job Woman Sad

Message 53 of 187
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

LOL chameleon, I still have to have the oxygen bottle close to hand when I source parts for my '70s Norton Commando..............

Spoiler
Any Commando bits perchance in your shed?????

Hi Padi, NICE BIKE . I had around half a dozen NOS pistons & rings awhile ago, but they have all sold. I think there is an original Norton Commando factory spare parts manual and maybe a workshop manual buried in the shipping container somewhere, but I,m not sure if I could actually find them. Send me a PM. if you would like me to have a look.

Just to stay on topic, that would be an ebay sale of course and it would help my monthly figures.....Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 187
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

We might all need to go and get a real job Woman Sad

I was a full time ebay seller but have had some concerns about the viability of small sellers on ebay for awhile. In response, I have built up a sheep grazing business with the idea of reducing my reliance on ebay. The theory was good, but the problem is my ebay sales have been holding up extremly well considering I am not spending a lot of time on listings.

The result is I am running round like a headless chicken, as it still takes 1.5 to 2 days per week to pack my ebay sales and the sheep business is going gang busters. ..........   Not that I,m complaining, but something is going to have to give........Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 187
Latest reply

Yes things are in decline.Havent sold anything this month and 1 last month...Selling collectors items that did sell well to music collectors until recently.Just nothing now and only a few views per item.Have 2 user names and going to close one soon.Whats the use trying to sell here now.I have been here since 2002 .I used to sell about 50 a month .Amazing how it has suddenly stopped.Not worth putting the effort in to list.

Message 56 of 187
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

My target market is mature aged men who play around in their sheds. This is probably one of the demographics least affected by ecenomic turmoil. These people are often financially secure, own their own homes and businesses and dont have much time for the media gloom and doom.  If a middle aged man is restoring an old car or motor cycle, rising youth unemployment or high entry level house prices is not going to stop them.

LOL chameleon, I still have to have the oxygen bottle close to hand when I source parts for my '70s Norton Commando..............

Spoiler
Any Commando bits perchance in your shed?????

Padi, Padi, Padi. Chameleon said he sells to middle age and mature age men. No mention of doddery old ancient men on walking frames, so that kinda rules you out 😄

Spoiler
old man walking frame.gif

Spoiler
troll-face-evil-laugher-smiley-emoticon.gif
Message 57 of 187
Latest reply

Regards declines in sales, I do have another theory that may help to explain the slow down some sellers are experiencing.

I have suspected for a long time that recent account activity and sales, pushes all of a sellers listings higher in searches and visibility. The effect of this is the more you sell, the more you sell.

Conversly if things are slow for a seller for a period, Cassini reduces visibilty for the affected sellers listings. This has the effect of further slowing sales and compounding the effect.

I strongly suspect ebay changed the weighting it places on this parameter around the end of last year to give it even more effect on a sellers visibility. So if your sales are slow, your listings could be recieving even lower visibility than normal.

The only way to counter this effect is to do a number of fresh listings of popular selling items to kick start sales again. Fresh listings recieve high visibility for a period when listed, giving the seller a chance to break the cycle.

One reason ebay may do this is to encourage popular sellers to stay on ebay and continue selling. On the flip side it would encourage sellers who have regular listings but poor sales to leave the site. From a business perspective, this would make the most efficient use of the platform.

Message 58 of 187
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Padi, Padi, Padi. Chameleon said he sells to middle age and mature age men. No mention of doddery old ancient men on walking frames, so that kinda rules you out 😄

Tippy, I'm gunna slot my spare Norton 750cc donk into my walkin' frame and hunt you down for that one..................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 59 of 187
Latest reply

Uh oh.....now I'm scared! scared.gif

Please no.....not the Norton 750.

Message 60 of 187
Latest reply