i listed an item for $500, sold last minute for $200, i didnt even accept the bid?

denda_667
Community Member
I listed and item for $500, last minute a bid was accepted, not by me for $200...I dont want to ive it away. why did this happen
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i listed an item for $500, sold last minute for $200, i didnt even accept the bid?

@denda_667 wrote:
I listed and item for $500, last minute a bid was accepted, not by me for $200...I dont want to ive it away. why did this happen

Okay denda, I don't know exactly what has gone wrong here but it is obvious to me you don't know either and did not intentionally list $200 anywhere or accept such a low bid. It could even be that ebay accepted the bid, I know at one stage it was doing that, which is unacceptable.

What you need to know though is this. You do NOT have to go ahead with the sale.

If I were you, I would cancel the sale. I am afraid you will still be out of pocket some fees but better that than virtually give it away.

No one, including ebay, can force you to go ahead with such a sale & since you didn't list it for $200, you shouldn't feel under any obligation to proceed. Cancel.

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

denda_667
Community Member

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure you didn't have best offer in your listing ?
Just click 'sell similar' and check.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

What's the item number for the completed listing?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Sounds like it was an auction and your $500 was the Buy Now price, which is negated as soon as a bid is made.

Alternatively, there was a while ago a spate of eBay automatically putting 'best offer' prices, with automatic acceptance, on listings. If it is that, I would cancel. Given you would actually have to check your listings periodically to know. If the former, you probably should suck it up.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks , but can see that anywhere. Just Auction and starting Bid?

can i back out now??

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

So was it an auction with a starting bid of $500?

Or did you think a BIN of $500 was a reserve? Which eBay Australia doesn't do, except for cars and real estate.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

item number 124283368730

I can work it out...

looks like an auction , starting bid $500

i had a bid early on when i first listed it and had the option to accept or reject the bid

Final bid was done last minute, with no option

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

That's weird, the listing is showing as sold for $500, does the sale price show in your ebay as only $200? Normally if an item sells at best offer below the original BIN price, the price doesn't show and eBay just says "best offer price was accepted" instead. 

If an offer is made, you can manually accept of decline, unless automatic accept / decline has been set up, but if someone places a bid or just uses the buy now fundtion, there's no option to decline. 

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

IDK what the??

Ill message the "winner"

Havent ebayed for years...think i best keep off it

Thanks all for your help!

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply