international sales - economy air options when listing don't make sense to me

when listing today

options when listing internationally

if I select other than economy seamail or express I select

"economy airmail untracked-signature"  I read this as saying untracked but signature of delivery.

(correct me if I'm interpreting this wrong)

however looking online at australia post when selecting economy air options the x shows as it being untrackable and signature is a further price... eg to UK was $5.49

has anyone else noticed this? is this ebay's wording wrong or must be advise pricing differently now?

there is no straight economy air option today... I am really hoping its friday gremlins.....

TIA

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Stupid Friday gremlins.

Just re-list them manually

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

okey dokey, I listed them manually, but will make a note to edit them tommorrow.  I hope there is a change tommorrow.  I suppose if not its a call to ebay

thanks

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Out of about 1,000 re-lists every month there's usually about 9 or 10 that get spat out

for some stupid reason or other.

Just a manual re-list is all that's needed.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

every listing with international options is now showing AU Post economy Air - untracked-signature option. Australia post webpage shows signature is an optional add on on calculated postage eg an extra 5.49 for the UK. 

so its not friday gremlins.

I don't want a disgruntled buyer expecting signature on delivery which is not what I want to offer.  anyone else had this suddenly appear, or heard any announcements regarding you must offer this for economy air now please?

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

there are a few threads about this... but no one can get ebay to help with the missing options.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Oh I did check thanks.Have messaged eBay but too soon to reply
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I spent some time on ebay chat - to be told that "Australia Post don't offer postage for international letters anymore"

and "Australia Post have removed that option"

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

nice one ebay - not!  I will add any info if they come up with anything useful

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Having the same problem . Surely Ebay aren't leaving it as it is . If there are only 4 options that we can actually use. None of them are appropriate or realistic . The only option that is useful is the International Economy untracked 11-35 business days .

I contacted customer service and was given 2 options select "AU Post Enonomy Sea 30 to 60 business days" or go to the post office and select the nearest option. Don't get me started !!!

Assume the person who did this change at Ebay rushed it and then went on holiday .

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply