Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

is ZipPay and AfterPay acceptable for eBay transactions?

Have no idea what they are, do they cost anything to the seller, and does the seller has to sign up for them?

Community Member

Re: is ZipPay and AfterPay acceptable for eBay transactions?

in reply to *kazumi*
It's an option that can be implemented for credit card payments but I don't think there's a way to integrate it with any of the CC options with eBay checkout, and is not something currently offered by PayPal as it involves a form of credit (the seller is paid in full straight away, but the buyer's card is debited in instalments).

I'm not sure what additional costs there are for a seller to offer the option, but I suspect it woild be a small percentage of the transaction amount.
Community Member

in reply to digital*ghost

Thanks, I think they have it in the US, but this potential buyer is in Australia.  If they cannot pay, I do not want to mess around with them. 

Community Member

in reply to *kazumi*

AfterPay is very popular here with big stores like David Jones and The Good Guys.

To me it is just a way to get goods on a laybye system.  As a buyer I would never use it....If I cannot pay the full amount immediately then I would not buy.

Community Member

in reply to lyndal1838

My kids use it and it works on only 4 even fortnightly payments.

So if you bought something for $100 then you pay it off over 2 months at $25 per fortnight.

It's not anything like a laybuy because with a laybuy you don't get the goods until you paid it off in full but with afterpay you get the goods before you pay for them.