open case

I still have an open case that has not been resolved, I have followed all instructions from ebay and have not recieved my item back or recieved any replies to my various message to the buyer.

I have also put in an apeal to the decision from ebay on a previous case where I was penalised for not shipping an item when the item was clearly marked 'LOCAL PICK UP ONLY'

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

open case

1.   30-days (business days??) after the case has been opened if there is no further communication or action from the buyer the case should be automatically closed in the seller's favour. There is a risk that the buyer might escalate at any time, in which case you will likely have the case closed against you. You could call ebay and discuss it with them. But DO NOT let them talk you into escalation as its very likely you will then lose. Try to get them to simply cancel the case due to non responsiveness from the buyer.

2.   I assume you mean that the buyer never turned up or made any arrangement to pick up their item. You might need to be persistent with phone calls to ebay on this one but I don't see why a buyer should be awarded in their favour for INR when they failed to come and pick up their item, when your listing clearly stated pickup only. I'm guessing they paid via PayPal??? This is the risk when a buyer pays with PayPal for a pickup item. I know you can't mandate cash on pickup but you can state in your listing that cash payment is preferred on pickup.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply