refund requested

Sold an $500 item to USA with $100 shipping; zero FB buyer, account opened the same day.

Today I have a message asking for refund because they do not like some details, although there were detailed pics and description.  Sort of equivalent to saying "oh, I  wanted a barking kitten and you sent me a puppy", well, the listing said puppy and pictures show puppy and by the way kittens do not bark ....

I declined  the offer and pointed out that the description explains in details what she is buying, and what she claims she wanted actually does not exist, and sent it off.  And now it shows the case as closed.  There is no minus $600 in my PP as far as I can see.  Does that mean that is that?  Sounds too easy and fast. 

Or can she open another case for some other reason? 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

refund requested

"Ring eBay and aske what the reason for the case being closed is and ask why you have a $600 negative showing"

There is no $600 negative...  can't people read anymore?

A buyer can only open 1 ebay case, once that's closed they'd have to go to PayPal (assuming she paid through PayPal). And PayPal always asks the buyer to pay the return postage, which in this case is quite expensive and the buyer would have to think twice about returning.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

refund requested

It sounds like she opened a change of mind request. Declining that would have closed it but I'm not sure if she'll still be able to open a request for not as described through eBay - she could via PayPal.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

refund requested

Thanks, lets hope she really is just inexperienced and not deliberately trying to scam, and will just go away. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

refund requested

Posting something after they've asked to cancel is taking a huge risk, especially with an expensive item going overseas. Best to cancel and keep the item than risk losing it and your money! If they don't want it they'll most likely find a way to make a claim against you when it arrives (if it does).  If they'd deliberately been trying to scam you they wouldn't have asked for a cancellation before you posted it.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

refund requested

I posted it couple of weeks ago.  Of-course, I would not be so stupid as to post it after they asked for cancellation.  They already received it and now they are asking for refund.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

refund requested

@*kazumi* wrote:

I posted it couple of weeks ago.  Of-course, I would not be so stupid as to post it after they asked for cancellation.  They already received it and now they are asking for refund.

I was only going by what you wrote earlier:

I declined  the offer and pointed out that the description explains in details what she is buying, and what she claims she wanted actually does not exist, and sent it off.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

refund requested

I can see what I wrote sounded as if I sent the parcel after the refund request, I meant I sent off the "refund refusal" and immediately the case was closed.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

refund requested

Ring eBay and aske what the reason for the case being closed is and ask why you have a $600 negative showing.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

refund requested

"Ring eBay and aske what the reason for the case being closed is and ask why you have a $600 negative showing"

There is no $600 negative...  can't people read anymore?

A buyer can only open 1 ebay case, once that's closed they'd have to go to PayPal (assuming she paid through PayPal). And PayPal always asks the buyer to pay the return postage, which in this case is quite expensive and the buyer would have to think twice about returning.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

refund requested

Thanks, yes, that is what I wanted to know.  So far so good, have not heard back from the buyer or PP. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply