Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

NSW
Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury Bookfair Sat 4th & Sun 5th April

Thornleigh Community Centre, Cnr Phyllis and Central Ave, Thornleigh
(Next to Bunnings)
9am to 5pm
Over 40,000 books all categorised.
Enquiries 9498 8805

SA
The Burnside Library SA
SATURDAY 4 APRIL
10am - 2pm

The Burnside Library Is having another BIG BOOK SALE

There are thousands of books for sale !
Sausage sizzle available.
Held at the Burnside Community Centre
401 Greenhill Rd, Tusmore
Ph 8366 4280

SA
MITCHAM ROTARY CLUB
Sat 4th April, 9am - 3pm

Books from $1
cake stall available
Goodwood Rd
Cumberland Park
(Opp. Home Hardware,
next to National Pharmacies)

SA
FRIENDS of WALKERVILLE LIBRARY
BOOK SALE
Sat 4th April 9.30 - 3pm

Apart from really special books all items from 50 cents to $2
Walkerville Town Hall
66 Walkerville Tce. Gilberton
Message 2 of 1,392
Latest reply

ang8124
Community Member
hi, i am new to the forums.. I have a small book store and from adelaide.
I went to all three book sales on sat!
was quite disappointed with the burnside library one. there prices were quite dear compared to the walkerville library..even some childrens book they wanted $4!! I probably rushed around too much at walkerville wanting to get along to burnside. picked up quite a few bks from walkervile and also called into Mitcham after burnside and picked up quite a few $1 books there too! the most book excitment adelaide has had in a while!
The next North adelaide book fair must be coming up soon seeing the last was early jan.. does anyone have details?
Message 3 of 1,392
Latest reply

Hi Ang. Welcome to the books etc board. Not in SA so can't answer your question. Feel envious at all the book fairs you get in SA.
Message 4 of 1,392
Latest reply

Hi Ang, welcome to the Sports, Books, Movies & Music board. I'm also in Adelaide and have a small book store, but mine is online-only. Whereabouts in Adelaide are you?

I didn't even bother trying to get near the kids' books at Burnside - too many people and they wanted too much for them. The Rotary Club sale on Goodwood Rd was good - we live not far from that shop but have stopped visiting 'cos their regular prices are too high and they have a lot of stock sitting on their shelves for ages. The best time to go is when they have one of their clear-out sales as they did on Saturday.

The Nth Adelaide sale - do you mean the ones held in the North Adelaide Community Centre in Tynte St?

NORTH ADELAIDE BOOK SALE # 5 - 26th April 2009

Our fifth independent book sale takes place between 10am and 4pm on Sunday the 26th of April, 2009 (the Anzac Day weekend), at the North Adelaide Community Centre. This is located behind the North Adelaide Public Library, at 176 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (next to the Post Office, and opposite the Daniel O'Connell Hotel). The venue is air conditioned and entry is free, with EFTPOS available (American Express, Mastercard and Visa). On offer will be around 8000 secondhand books - small paperbacks mostly priced 50 cents - $2, larger volumes mostly $2 - $10 - and not many are ex-library books. Theyโ€™ll be sorted & displayed in the following categories -

[url http://www.ozmusicbooks.com/WhatsNew.htm]Click here[/url] for the link to the site, and you can sign up for email updates on future sales.
Message 5 of 1,392
Latest reply

ang8124
Community Member
Hi Judy,

Im up northern way.. were you also at the walkerville one?.. i probably should have spent more of my time there, I dont think i will bother with the burnside one again.. Prices were Too high, and yes near the kids books was packed!! i grabbed a couple and didnt bother with a few other kids book I wanted. I wasnt going to pay $2-$4 per bk when i may only resell for $3-$6.00 on average

Most of my store is childrens books and some non fiction. I want to branch out more but i am not too sure what Sells. What i am selling I know sells so i keep on with that..

That goodwood shop I too have visited! i bought about 15 books there on sat! was pretty good all being $1! Thanks for the info on the up coming north adelaide sale!

I think there is another st peters fair coming up soon.. 18th i think. I went to the last one there only about a month ago but theres definately another coming up!
Message 6 of 1,392
Latest reply

It's a little early but at least people can pencil it in if interested!

VICTORIA

ANNUAL YARRAGON CHARITY BOOK FAIR

In support of: The Leukaemia Foundation/Local Charities

At the Yarragon Community Hall, Campbell St Yarragon

Sat 11th July 10am - 5pm
Sun 12th July 10am -4pm

- Gippsland's leading book dealers will be in attendance
- Thousands of donated books will be for sale at unbeatable prices.
- Book Raffle
- Free Book Appraisals and Valuations.
The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.'
William James
Message 7 of 1,392
Latest reply

Gippsland's leading book dealers will be in attendance

Hmmm .... as buyers or sellers, I wonder.
Message 8 of 1,392
Latest reply

Last year the dealer's had a room out the back selling all their books. I presume they get first shot at the book sale, though! This was the sale where I found the book that will shoot me to TV super-stardom! ๐Ÿ˜‰ (PS - still no date for the segment I'll be in)
Message 9 of 1,392
Latest reply

KJ, my bet is the Anzac weekend (Friday 24th) as it would be most appropriate don't you think?

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 10 of 1,392
Latest reply